Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 1020 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Is there a new target date for the KS campaign? Still looking at November?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are still targeting mid-November. Production samples of the plastics and silicone showed up yesterday, and the castings should show up today or tomorrow. Been posting a lot more daily updates on our Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/outboundlighting/

We are hoping to do some filming for the video this weekend if the weather holds out. Then heading to Bentonville, AR for some photoshooting and general enjoyment next weekend before the KS launches.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The second road-beam with 1lx at 110m seems to have problem i mentioned the previous post.
Much more illuminance from 1-10m in front of the bike than in 50-100m and 20-50m distance.
An homogen illuminance distribution between close/medium/far distance would be perfect (for me).
Any news about the close area peak lux?
Is it still so high the eyes won't really adapt to the far distance at night as it seems on the full width beam plot?

When it's time for a remote, this one seems to be a easy to mount and good to reach choice:
action-led-lights.com/collections/gloworm-lights/products/switch-mount-for-gloworm-lights

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
New reflectors came in and they are fantastic, well worth the cost of the redesign! Just now waiting on the final lenses that'll blend the light together further and soften things up, without losing the peak intensity.

Automotive lighting Headlamp Automotive exterior Amber Light

Pretty awesome looking right? The left is the cutoff that now has a nice and sharp defined line, and the right is the trail that has a wide spill of light, but a strong main intensity, while maintaining the even illumination field from the front of the tire to the area you are looking.

Blue Electric blue Carmine Bicycle accessory Bicycle handlebar

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Night

In other news, we are trucking hard to launch our kickstarter on Nov 21st or 22nd :cool::cool::cool:

Had a great photoshoot in Bentonville, AR, got to ride some amazing trails, and have been filming and editing for our video the last week and a half. We've decided that the super early backers will get to enjoy more than 30% off the retail price. So keep an eye here. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
In other news, we are trucking hard to launch our kickstarter on Nov 21st or 22nd :cool::cool::cool:

Had a great photoshoot in Bentonville, AR, got to ride some amazing trails, and have been filming and editing for our video the last week and a half. We've decided that the super early backers will get to enjoy more than 30% off the retail price. So keep an eye here. :)
Will you be offering just the lightheads in the kickstarter or only the complete kits?

I'm thinking I already have my christmas present to myself picked out.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Will you be offering just the lightheads in the kickstarter or only the complete kits?

I'm thinking I already have my christmas present to myself picked out.
We won't offer the lightheads on their own through the kickstarter page, however for members on here who are interested in the lighthead itself, I'll be extending the same discount and can purchase direct through myself or the website if we have it live by then.

Had a lot of discussions internally about what to do, and the decision was made not to offer it through the KS page just because of the potential confusion it'd cause, no matter how many disclaimers we make that it wouldn't come with a battery pack. So will offer it, just not on the KS page itself. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
310 Posts
We won't offer the lightheads on their own through the kickstarter page, however for members on here who are interested in the lighthead itself, I'll be extending the same discount and can purchase direct through myself or the website if we have it live by then.

Had a lot of discussions internally about what to do, and the decision was made not to offer it through the KS page just because of the potential confusion it'd cause, no matter how many disclaimers we make that it wouldn't come with a battery pack. So will offer it, just not on the KS page itself. If that makes sense.

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to this.

·
Save Jesus
2,947 Posts
Very interested to see real life images (or video) of the beam patterns. If I think the road pattern is not wide enough, can I ghetto rig an upper cutoff on the mtb one?

·
Registered
35 Posts
This oath to be a great light if everything works as described. Will you be offering both road and trail versions of the light on Kickstarter?

·
Registered
839 Posts
This oath to be a great light if everything works as described. Will you be offering both road and trail versions of the light on Kickstarter?
I've been riding the trail light for a few weeks now. And it simply is very different than normal lights. It rides more like a Seca 2500 than it does a 1500 lumen light, because of the beam pattern and design of it. It's really incredible.

From what I understand, there will be Trail Kits, Road Kits, and a Trail&Road Combo kit available on the KS at launch. There will be steep discounts available for the first ones to purchase.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I've been riding the trail light for a few weeks now. And it simply is very different than normal lights. It rides more like a Seca 2500 than it does a 1500 lumen light, because of the beam pattern and design of it. It's really incredible.
Though I assume what your using is a prototype this is the type of information I'm wanting to hear about these lights. More efficient usage of produced lumens is the performance potential I hoped for from reading about this design. Sounds like it's working pretty good so far. Looking forward to trying the real thing myself.
Mole

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maybe somewhere in the future you could acompany this light with a rear one? With your knowledge and expertise you could make a lot of people happy and make a good buck all at once. I am realy delighted with the beamshots i saw, especialy of the road light, which is i would assume more dificult to produce with good cutoff. Plenty of floodlights out there usable for the trail, not many for the road.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Maybe somewhere in the future you could acompany this light with a rear one? With your knowledge and expertise you could make a lot of people happy and make a good buck all at once. I am realy delighted with the beamshots i saw, especialy of the road light, which is i would assume more dificult to produce with good cutoff. Plenty of floodlights out there usable for the trail, not many for the road.
I'd love to do just that. Though man oh man is it hard to compete with china on price when it comes to smaller components like that. Just the cost of PCB's with LED's, the battery terminal, and a battery itself would be about the same price as a cheap taillight that anyone could get off amazon. Since I'm all about simplicity, I certainly wouldn't mind just a well designed brake light that looks cool, and does the function well enough. No need for a $110 bluetooth app controled rear tail light IMO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You cant compete with prices but you can with quality, technical solutions and good old common sense addressing some issues.
I would love in a taillight to looks nice as you say it, needs to be waterproof, have a plethora of usable light paterns for both day and night.
Doesnt needs to be self contained but its a bonus, if its self contained, to be able to replace batery so the light isnt dependant on batery life.
Good mount options are a must for seatpost and backpack a least.
Also enough lumens to be functional, tbh i like realy bright rear lights, maybe find a reflector/optics/other solution with your expertise to make it highly visible but not blinding. Many rear lights on the market have focused beams and few others have flood beams that make a red aura behind bike. To combine both for long distance and side visibility would be ideal.

81 - 100 of 1020 Posts