Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
steelworx said:
Saturday May 23rd we're having a workday at The Glen. Weather permitting we will try to make further progress on some of our ongoing projects.Check our website for start times and any changes in dates. http://www.outbacktrail.org
It's central (or should I say Chicago) time over in Portage, right? What projects are planned?

JmZ

·
Outback Trail Commission
80 Posts
I'm not sure, I know that we are doing some set-up and prep work for Monday's Trail Run Extreme on Memorial Day. The organization that puts it on donate part of the race earnings to us, it's one of our fundraisers for the year. We also work the race on Monday timing, marshaling , manning the race route, riding as sweepers checking for stragglers after race etc...I also heard we had a bridge move on us w/last weeks flooding. Oh! and it's central time. Weare also starting our Wednsday evening rides this week. We'll be riding the high ground. Check our website for start time, We meet at the trailhead in the park.

·
Outback Trail Commission
80 Posts
Another workday scheduled for Sunday June 28th at 8:00 A.M. Check out our website for more ino at www.outbacktrail.org We badly need bodies to carry boardwalk into woods. We are putting it in to replace pallets we put in several years ago in the Trailer Run. This area stays wet much of the time and this will allow it to be rideable more often

·
Outback Trail Commission
80 Posts
Workday Good , Communication Bad

Yeah, I left about 10 min. or so after 11 A.M. We parked over by the trailer park to walk the stuff in. Sorry we need to set up a way to direct people to us after the work starts.We got quite a bit done with more to come. The wood we have left needs to be fabbed into what we need now!

·
Outback Trail Commission
80 Posts
Imagination Glen - Feb. 2010 info

Our next monthly meeting is Thursday Feb 18th ,6:30 PM at El Pueblo on US-6 in Portage. The next trailwork day is Saturday Feb 20th. Meet @ 08:00 AM in the soccer parking lot off of SR-149. Check our website for updates and any date changes at www.outbacktrail.org Thanks

·
Outback Trail Commission
80 Posts
Our next meeting is Thurs. May 20th at 6:00 PM at Clancy's in Portage, In. Our next trailwork day is Sat. May 22nd at 8:00 AM, we meet at the east trailhead off of S.R. 149 by the Portage soccer fields. Go to www.outbacktrail.org for more info.ALSO, Trail is currenly Closed due to heavy rains we've had. Please wait to ride. More rain expected.

·
Outback Trail Commission
80 Posts
We currently have around 20 inches of snow on the trail. Spring thaw when and if it ever comes will make much of the trail under water. ready for summer.

·
Registered
348 Posts
whats up Mark?! I like reverse a lot too. It would be interesting to run the whole trail in reverse to switch it up! I dont think anyone would go for that though!

·
Outback Trail Commission
80 Posts
1st time I ever did the whole trail in reverse was on one of my 1st nightrides. Talk about hairy! Reverse once a month sounds interesting, will try to remember to bring it up next meeting.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.