Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found someone to buy my 36Talas RC2 so while it is being serviced I got the chance to order my DUC32. If all goes well I should have it by the end of the month if not earlier. The hub is being ordered as we speak and if all goes well I should have it all set up on my 06 Heckler before my vacations start. To say I am impatient is an understatement.
The fork has been lying about at a Bike shop we deal with in Greece without a hub for the last 2 years so I am getting it at a very cut down price, (450euros). The only thing I am slightly worried about are the seals, since it has the "old" seals. Assuming there is no immediate leakage what would you all suggest? I can either mail order them or wait till September when I will be at the Eurobike show and will hopefully be able to get some from Maverick themselves. Seeing as there is no Maverick dealer in Greece I will be setting it up myself and will eb using the info from this site and Mavericks as guidelines. Anything I should particularly take note of?

Happy summer cruising all!

·
Registered
583 Posts
i would order the new blue seals up front and then you have them ready for whenever - the older black seals can work fine, but 2 years of sitting around in the greek heat can't have been good for their elasticity :nono:

swapping out the old for the new is straightforward - as can be found recommended elsewhere here, the seals are inserted dry into the fork housing - the sliding surfaces are then lubed before re-inserting the internals (air catridge left, damper unit right) into the fork housing.

ragetty

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And wouldn't you know it? No sooner am I ordering the bits and the fork when the 36 Talas decides to get stuck at minimum travel! Now if only it had waited a week longer I would be talking about perfect timing heheheh. Ah well.... I was going to service it before I sold it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.