Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2002 Gemini 1000 in good condition, I bought it thinking I was going to get into freeriding but a previous injury kept me from anything but riding XC general mountain stuff with it(fireroads and a little singletrack). I've been considering selling it to get something more useful to me for XC stuff, seeing how it has only been used to about 10% of it's potential and it is not the best bike for 10-20 mile XC rides....half of which is usually climbing :eekster:

Does anybody know where I can find out the resale value of it or know what it's worth today?

Secondly can anyone recomend a good all around XC bike that is moderatley priced? I haven't kept up since I bought the gemini and now it looks like there are a bunch of new super expensive models out there and all prices have gone up.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
117 Posts
Gemini

Hi!

If you think about that the new one for XC riding is also a full suspension bike you can upgrade your gemini.Because for your bike you will not get so much money and the new one costs also alot if you want the same quality as the gemini.
I think about changing the fork and the rear shock, maybe changing the rear brake diameter and using lighter tires.

I know this is only a idea, a new one is also very interresting, but upgrading too...
As i know geminis climb not so bad .

best reagards

·
Registered
360 Posts
Depending on your definition of moderately priced, and whether or not you want to go full suspension or hardtail, look at the Rush and Prophet lines. I really like the way these are spec'd out across the line. I bought a Rush 600 last year and love. I got it on sale for under $1,500. I looked at Giant, Specialized, Kona, Trek, etc. but found nothing in this price range that came close to the quality of components (in that price range) as found on the Rush. Especially the fork.

And I know people on here really love the Prophet too. Similar to the Rush, but you do get more travel.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'll second SlipperyPete. The Rush is an awesome bike. I ride fire roads, single track, maintained rec trails, and a bit of dual track. The Rush takes it all in stride. If you want a hardtail I have heard nothing but good news about the C'dale line of hardtails. I'm hoping to get one in a handful of years. As for selling your bike, I would check on eBay for selling prices of other Geminis. That should give you a starting point to work with. Just a note if selling on line. As a buyer, I like to see a lot of pictures with whole bike shots and detailed shots of derailures, brakes, suspension components, handle bar, etc. This gives the buyer a good sense of what condition the bike is.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I have looked on evilbay but didn't see any 2002 geminis, actually there was one for $825 in the completed items I believe that didn't sell. I find it hard to believe that a bike I paid about $3000 for 4.5 years ago is only worth $825 today. That would really make me sad if true. Anyway I don't plan on selling it on EvilBay, it would be too much of a hassle for me to sell a bike there. I have also considered buying light XC parts for it but in the end that would cost too much for me to justify it, I'd rather put it into a newer bike that fits me better, and just sell this one. Now I just wish C-dale would list the retail prices of thier bikes somewhere, that would make it much easer for me to see what is in my "moderate" range, cause the Rush does look good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.