Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking the forums a bit, and even searching.
What would you say the top of the line; full suspension bikes are?
I know a few off the top of my head are;
Knolly, and Banshee.
Are there any others?
Would you consider Orange, or Kona top of the line?
Are there any other companies out there that I may have over looked.
I know this sounds odd, but I've been looking at different bikes, and Knolly seems to have the best of the best, but do they have any competitors?

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
First off I'd like to suggest a change in how we can think about this. The top-of-the-line bike is not in necessarily about a brand but about a particular model within a brand. A top-of-the-line bike may also be a collection of specific parts, components, and a particular frame. The frame could be a part of a major product line, or a custom frame.

Two slice it further a bike that is the top of the line may not be the best bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I'm going to try to narrow it down some.
When I say top of the line, I mean....
The brands with Full Suspension, with good frames, with little to no major problems [bolt snaps from a 2 foot drop, or something minuscule.] The companies that know what they are doing, firm understanding. Frames that last a year or more with being cleaned weekly; maintained, etc.
So not a poorly put together frame or bike. With experience, and a great frame that is full suspension.
No particular model in mind, just all their full suspension frames are built with satisfaction, and what they are meant for.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
I have to knock your post a bit, you're asking the equivalent of a question like "what is the best song?". I think you will get better answers if you explain yourself. Where do you live? What size are you? What kind of riding do you want to do? Where will you be riding the most frequently?

I personally think my Yeti ASR7 is the greatest bike I have ever been on, tell that to someone who's focus is XC racing and they'll call me a witch and try to burn me. There are so many quality bike manufacturers right now that the list would be overwhelming to someone trying to find a new bike. A much better way to do this is for you to go to a few bike shops and check out what's out there and ask specific questions. You'll get as many opinions as you get responses on a question like this, you need to narrow it down.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Here's a Few questions....
1. How much are you willing to spend?
2. What Kind of riding are you gonna do?
3. Have you been fitted for a bike (What size frame do you ride)
This is a good starting point, Arm yourself with these answers and go to a LBS!

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
futurestruth said:
I've been lurking the forums a bit, and even searching.
What would you say the top of the line; full suspension bikes are?
I know a few off the top of my head are;
Knolly, and Banshee.
Are there any others?
Would you consider Orange, or Kona top of the line?
Are there any other companies out there that I may have over looked.
I know this sounds odd, but I've been looking at different bikes, and Knolly seems to have the best of the best, but do they have any competitors?
Those brands you've mentioned are great, Knolly are great as well but you have not look at enough bikes. Which Knolly is the best of the best, so we have ideas of what you are looking for. There are plenty of competitions with each of it's model, they are all have their pros and cons. Foes Hydro don't break, so does SC V10, and Yeti 303, ASR7:thumbsup:

If you are just looking for bike that does not break then almost all of them don't break if used as intended. You'd have better luck getting your answer if you ask what is the worst bike:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.