Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Motobey
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you ever feel like you can stay out for ever?
out on my local trail I can forget about the stress of Life.
Thats the reason I like mtb.
i never been in a bad trail.
whats yours reason for going out?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Haha, for me its when the beauty and flow of a running creek turns into the screeches and honks of oncoming cars. Its a terrible transition, but each time I head back to the woods and mountains, I feel even better than the last time.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
I've never been on a bad trail, either - I like the way you look at it. My favorites are solo 6-8 hour rides in Roosevelt Nat'l Forest nearby. I can get away on uncrowded or rather unpopulated trails and ride technical singletrack all day. Makes it easy to forget about the daily stresses of life and appreciate all that we have, both natural and otherwise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I look out the window at work and see sunshine all I want to do is get on that bike and ride.... the wife says shes a mtb widow !! what a buzz!!
Its just the simple things we need... if you have a good bike that is !!

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
You all bring out a good point. Rubber + Dirt = Good times All the time. I ride the same trail about 95% of the time because it is close to my house and I have never once been bored with it. Each time I ride it it is still like the first time! :rockon:

·
Motobey
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah

You don't have to ride with out your wife she may enjoy the outdoors too.
who knows it could be a family event (for those that have family) every so often.
It has been a great opportunity for my youngest son and myself. We have a great time riding together, until the accident. But it really has help me to keep the weight off, and the health benefits are not bad either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeh mate I take the family out when they want to, and the missus she does like to come also, but theres nothing like the peacefulness of a solo ride its the best.
Theres nothing like the fittness a bike can give.
I had an accident also and the bike gave me back my life, I owe it a lot.
I had a major stroke, but now I am fitter and healthier than I have ever been thanks to my bike.I have been given a new life and will ride till the day I die!!! Im lucky there are great tracks only 5mins from my house Iam blessed!!

·
Motobey
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
trail building or keep it clean

zod said:
Be it riding trail or building it......time in the woods is better than being anywhere else.
I haven't done much building of trails but I try to keep 'em clean, and I'm planing to do some maintenance. However I don't like those that destroy the trails for no reason.
:thumbsup:
Or those people that think nothing of leaving their pop tubes right on the trails or their trash
I wish more people will keep the "take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprint" motto.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Holdsy said:
Yeh mate I take the family out when they want to, and the missus she does like to come also, but theres nothing like the peacefulness of a solo ride its the best.
I had a major stroke, but now I am fitter and healthier than I have ever been thanks to my bike.I have been given a new life and will ride till the day I die!!! Im lucky there are great tracks only 5mins from my house Iam blessed!!
Sorry to hear about your stroke. I am glad you have a good outlook and attitude and hope you have many many years of healthy riding! :thumbsup:

·
Motobey
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keep riding

Holdsy said:
Good job= is always good when you can overcome adversity. Bike has been good for my recovery from back surgery.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
No reason/lots of reasons

I ride just because it is what I do. No special reason but so many reasons.

Its fun.
Its healthy
I can do it and you can't
Its a challenge
Its relaxing
It makes me sweat

Lots of reasons but no one special reason.

·
At Work
1,851 Posts
I know the feeling.

I have been an on again off again avid rider. When I am on, eat sleep thinking about the bikes. When off, dont even think about them much........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nothing like spur of the moment decisions to head out and go for a buzz.

Riding in the darkness with lights to lead the way is great too. I went for a night ride (last night - I'm in Australia so it's already morning) and had a ball.

·
Registered
126 Posts
RfQ said:
Nothing like spur of the moment decisions to head out and go for a buzz.

Riding in the darkness with lights to lead the way is great too. I went for a night ride (last night - I'm in Australia so it's already morning) and had a ball.
I remember the first time I went on a night ride. It was shortly after "real" bike lights came on the market. It was the most amazing feeling ever. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.