Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics from our recent vacation to Steamboat Springs, CO
The weather was great and the trails were perfect!!

View from the "Quarry"

A shot from the "Mountain View" trail

Another shot from "Mountain View"

Some flowers along the way

Don't take your dog out without a leash!!

Another from the quarry, Emerald Mountian what a great place to ride right from town
A decent climb, great views and if you want more the "Lane of Pain" to get all the way to the top!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
GarryB said:
Some pics from our recent vacation to Steamboat Springs, CO
The weather was great and the trails were perfect!!
Nice. I basically learned to ride in Steamboat while living there in '97.

Curious - did you rent bikes? If so, where? I'm going to be there for a couple days in August, will be looking for a rental. Sore Saddle and Ski Haus are the only bike shops I know, wasn't crazy about their hardtail selection when I called.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chickenlegs said:
Nice. I basically learned to ride in Steamboat while living there in '97.

Curious - did you rent bikes? If so, where? I'm going to be there for a couple days in August, will be looking for a rental. Sore Saddle and Ski Haus are the only bike shops I know, wasn't crazy about their hardtail selection when I called.
We took our own bikes out.
It seemed to me while shopping at the Ski Haus and Sore Saddle that the rental fleet was geared for the bike path and not the trails.

Have a great time we sure did. There is some awesome riding to be had there. My son and I rode the Base camp to Mountian View to Mt Werner (Petes Wicked trail) trail (most of this ride was above 10,000') and back into Steamboat for a total of approx 26 miles with some great desending at the end of the ride!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts