Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
LOL!...yeah, I saw that stirring story of courage and adventure.:rolleyes: As Paul Harvey said, I'd like to hear "the rest of the story".

Actually I was a little disappointed in pot's performance in that situation. In another of his posts, he continually trumpeted how "strong" a rider he was and how he could jam big time on a very heavy bike. Now it seems he couldn't even beat a vehicle across the street. Maybe the vehicle had a hemi?:D

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TNC said:
LOL!...yeah, I saw that stirring story of courage and adventure.:rolleyes: As Paul Harvey said, I'd like to hear "the rest of the story".

Actually I was a little disappointed in pot's performance in that situation. In another of his posts, he continually trumpeted how "strong" a rider he was and how he could jam big time on a very heavy bike. Now it seems he couldn't even beat a vehicle across the street. Maybe the vehicle had a hemi?:D
maybe he did like a squirrel in the street and made it across safely... only to jet back into the road

·
aka Jesse Palmer
857 Posts
I hit a car the other day too!
I was crusinging down a very slight hill at about 25mph in the middle of the street (advoiding car doors). Just as I enter an intersection (green light) I see a car start a left turn across the street in front of me. It is an 80's erra grey wagon creeping out into the middle of the street, and to my horrer I see, just barely peering up behind the wheel, an old lady wearing "eyes-dialated" sunglasses...

Now If i had been on my nice bike with 8" juicy 7s this would haven't been a big deal, but I was hauling ass on my beater with crappy v-brakes, and the front break was too far out of adjustment to have any stopping power. I realize that I am going to hit the side of this old lady's car, so I make the split second decision to lock my rear brake and start a fat power slide so I can pull off a block pass on the side of the car (hopefully leaving a nice dent), and ride off unscathed, rather than hitting the car head on like pot...

sliiiiiiiddddeeeee..... *crunch* Hey what do you know didn't even fall over! The pedestrians wating to cross at the light were horrified :eek: :eek: :eek: but I was just fine, not even any bruises the next day! Guess cars are actually pretty soft if you hit them right. I'm not sure grandma noticed, she never stopped and just drove off like nothing had happened.

Moral: learn to race fourcross before you go out on the street.

Hope that story wasn't too long, but at least it wasn't all one scentence like most of pot's rambling posts... (hint hint learn to use those keys at the top right corner of your space key!)

Attachments

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
I got nailed once too. I was hauling ass down a hill by my old house, off the breaks the whole time, on a huffy bmx bike. RIght at the bottom of the hill a girl from highschool at the time is comming up the hill and hangs a left RIGHT infront of me. Had absolutly no time to even think about hitting the breaks. We met about mid way in my lane, I slammed the hood of her mini van on the pasinger side, slid diaginal across it, and my head when threw her driver side windshield. Bounced off her car, according to another driver fliped about 10ft in the air, and landed back first on the hood of his car, half my body on, half off. Slid to the asphalt and layed motionless. The dudes car whom I landed on slammed on the breaks and ran over to HER! After I snapped out of it and limped over to the curb, he came up to me shocked and swore to god the only reason he ran to her is because he was sure I was dead. I looked at her van. completly totaled the front end, windsheild had a nice head sized hole in it, and I managed to take her windsheild wipers with me too. She was in tears, I was in shock. Luck for me her car got the worst of it. From the looks of it, my arm went over my face when I went threw the widsheild, had a bunch of glass in it, my nose was bleeding, and you could see some bone where my ankle was pinned between her bumper and my bike. Cops came, tried to give me an $600 ambulance ride, I said I'll walk, limped to my buddies house and caught a ride w/ him.
Moral of my story: if you plan on taking on a car, make sure you weigh over 200lbs, otherwise you'll loose.
Sorry for the rant, recalling teenage trauma is some how fun.

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
I agree about the lawyer thing. After I got hit, I got a lawyer, got all my medical bills paid, plus about $4,000. Got my self a Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier and Mesa Boogie 4x12 cab, never bought another bmx bike though.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
fred.r said:
I agree about the lawyer thing. After I got hit, I got a lawyer, got all my medical bills paid, plus about $4,000. Got my self a Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier and Mesa Boogie 4x12 cab, never bought another bmx bike though.
frickin quitar player

·
Registered
359 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
first off he needs to edit his post and not admit any guilt'

go to a doctor

and get a lawyer period
Personaly I'm calling BS. I say the whole thing is a figment of his imagination, it just don't add up. I mean come on now, hit by a car going 70 kph (whatever that is in mph for us here in the normal math part of the world ;) ) and be healthy enough to post it here shortly thereafter :skep:

But, we should go easy on the boy after all he could become paralized any moment now :confused: :skep: :rolleyes: :lol: :crazy:

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
HJB said:
Personaly I'm calling BS. I say the whole thing is a figment of his imagination, it just don't add up. I mean come on now, hit by a car going 70 kph (whatever that is in mph for us here in the normal math part of the world ;) ) and be healthy enough to post it here shortly thereafter :skep:

But, we should go easy on the boy after all he could become paralized any moment now :confused: :skep: :rolleyes: :lol: :crazy:
Same. That's about 43.5 miles per hour.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My cousin was hit about a month ago on his dirtbike, the other car was goin 40 mph and he was goin 20, only a broken leg and some skratches,( you may say a broken leg is bad but hes lucky to be alive) also its the same cousin whos sendin me an xtr rear derailure :D

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
HJB said:

70 kph ios like 35,... 40mph

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i'm surprised i haven't been hit or hit a car yet. i like to do races through down town rush hour traffic in my town and it gets pretty insane. my buddy and i have had some close calls, but so far its ok. and if i did get hit i wouldn't really care much... its part of the game and i just accept that.

·
pwn3rator
3,640 Posts
i've been hit once, and two other times i was able to get out of the way. the time i did get hit i was crossing a street and this guy blew through the stop and i ended up on the hood of his car. he got out and asked if i was okay, i said i was fine but my bike wasn't (snapped my brake lever, bent my bars, and broke my shifter) he handed me $150 cash and left. it wasn't that bad...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.