Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I look back on 2005 I recall some great rides and meeting some great people. Here's what I would select for each month if I were making a calendar to remind me of this year's rides and the people I shared them with.

1. January in AZ. Hawes/Twisted Sister with AZMikey.
2. February night ride at Bootleg with E!, Mattbikeboy, and JMitchell.
3. March riding at the Nelson hills with the Sin City chapter of KTMtalk.com
4. April solo ride at the Cowboy trails LV.
5. May on the Coyote loop. I love it when the local loops first thaw in the spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
5. May (again): I couldn't resist the Two Mile Smile in Cottonwood before the burn.
6. June: Mattbikeboy on the Hurl at BlueDiamond and me on the G-loop near Ely.
7. July wild flowers and on the Schellcreek Crest.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
August: Scott and Dave on the Schellcreek Crest
August: Me and the finish line of the E100.
September: Back at Bootleg with E! and Matt.
October: Camera was broke in October so here's another from August. TRT Tahoe.
November: Sedona. I have a standing date with Sedona in November.

Attachments

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
What a year

From the pics, it looks like one that will live on in your memory for some time. I love the first shot of Hawes/Twisted Sister. Does the word "lush" have a picture attached to it? If not, this pic gets my nod. Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm loving the east-central Nevada passion. I've spent quite a bit of time out by Ely for thesis work. Purposely, I left my bike home though so I could actually get some work done. Basically, I lived in a tent at the base of the southern White Pine Range for a summer. Ever get out there? A very impressive/gnarly range but due to its remoteness generally lacks singletrack. Lots of wilderness in the high country as well. But I was always looking at maps dreaming of epic rides on all the jeep roads out there to high passes and old mining districts. Eventually, I think I'll get out there again. I promised myself that I'd climb to the top (Currant Peak) some day.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Nice..

KRob said:
And... December. Have a great '06 everyone and thanks to all for the memories and passion you've shared here. Keep the wheels rollin'.
You should get out and ride more, Rob. ;-)

Seriously, wow...what a year! Looks like you had a lot of fun and got to share it with others.

M

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tk421onthemic said:
I'm loving the east-central Nevada passion. I think I'll get out there again. I promised myself that I'd climb to the top (Currant Peak) some day.
Yep, the White Pine Range is pretty rugged, but there's some possiblities all around them. Come on out. I love to go exploring. Your posts always inspire me. Solo riding is great, but we ought to get together sometime. It looks like we share a passion for similar terrain.

·
2,093 Posts
Cool stuff KROB

I hope to get a ride in next time your in town. Are you still riding your moto-bike on ST in the mountains? If so, maybe that might explain that loose screw you have!

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tk421onthemic said:
I lived in a tent at the base of the southern White Pine Range for a summer. A very impressive/gnarly range.
Hey tk, speaking of the White Pine Range, I snapped these shots of it this weekend on my way down south. Thought maybe it'd bring back some memories.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.