Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
tacubaya said:
Can you heal by yourself if you get shot? Or cut open by a knife? Or if you crack your head open?
Keep in mind that the human body was designed before such vile instruments of destruction as the gun or knife or speeding 2-wheeled contratption and that when it was first introduced to the world, it was much more difficult to crack your head open than it is today. Plus humans didn't have as much knowledge back then, so they probably didn't figure out how to crack their own heads open until around the same time the fire was invented.

In conclusion girls are icky.

Tim

·
Some dude who digs bikes
171 Posts
albertomannil said:
whats wrong with the Dip? i have it too... (im skinny also and very athletic)
The achilles is sticking out, and so is the ankle, like normal....

but then I'm skinny/athletic, so I'm biased. Maybe you don't have a dip if you have cankles?

·
Mi vida es bueno
604 Posts
tacubaya said:
Shot in the head, cut open or severe head trauma

You, my friend, did not say "shot in the head" before. I've heard of people getting shot in the head and surviving, and getting cut, geez I do that all the time. Brain trauma is recoverable too, I know this dude who was in a coma for like a month because he hit his head on a rock, and now he's better than ever. :)

·
NICE KID...NICE
717 Posts
Wow

That is some seriously gnar calf burger.:eekster: Dude.. I hope you are OK.

·
should know better.....
749 Posts
Shave it, both sides, then clean it w/soap and water and a light scrub brush, then betadine or hydrogen peroxide pat it dry and butterfly it closed. Good as new.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
splatman said:
You, my friend, did not say "shot in the head" before. I've heard of people getting shot in the head and surviving, and getting cut, geez I do that all the time. Brain trauma is recoverable too, I know this dude who was in a coma for like a month because he hit his head on a rock, and now he's better than ever. :)
Shot in the head and the body cured itself AHA
Cut OPEN (like if I stab you with a 12 inch knife in the chest) AHA
Severe head trauma without any medications or help AHA

Keep dreaming Superman :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Exactly why I ride clipless(somebody had to say it).

But seriously, just have a friend snort a line of coke out of it and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
tacubaya said:
Shot in the head and the body cured itself AHA
Cut OPEN (like if I stab you with a 12 inch knife in the chest) AHA
Severe head trauma without any medications or help AHA

Keep dreaming Superman :thumbsup:

Getting impaled by a Triceratops AHA

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
if you were stranded in the jungle, i'd recommend finding this one particular ant that you can hold on each side of the wound, have it bite on each side.. then twist its head off making it clamp down harder.. enough ants will close a wound..

go find those instead of stitches ..

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
May your first shower be pleasant......... man that is gonna hurt..... Ouch!

That is almost the worst I have ever seen. The only one that stands out more was when Steve Romo took the nast gash on his shin in Drop In,..wide open and very similiar.

·
Three sheets to the wind
736 Posts
Be careful of infection, I had a staff infection once from deep wounds that were not treated. It's a very dangerous situation which landed me with a three day stay in the hospital while they pumped antibiotics in my arm. I was able to watch the red swelling run up my arm, and then down during treatment...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Don't you hate that? It seems whenever I don't wear pads, I crash and do something like that. When I do wear pads, I clear everything without a scratch.

I was riding my urban rig from my apartment to a riding spot in college and had my shinguards strapped to the back of my backpack. Saw a nice little drop on the way, about 4 feet or so, hucked it. One foot came off the pedal so when I landed, all my weight was on the foot that was still on a pedal. This launched the other pedal around and into my shin. Huge gash, lots of blood. Rode home, took pictures of it (at work now, I'll try and dig them out when I get home later) with my roommate before cleaning it out. There was a piece of a tendon or something hanging out and it would gurgle when I moved the flesh around it. Chunk of me(at) left on the pedal. Awesome! Find out we're out of tape. Walk to CVS with leg still gushing blood, buy tape, walk home, bandage it up. Done. Saved myself the ER or doctor's office insurance copay and the time waiting.

That was over a year ago and I still have no feeling in that spot on my shin. Severed some nerves too evidently.

·
Registered
328 Posts
ryan_daugherty said:
if you were stranded in the jungle, i'd recommend finding this one particular ant that you can hold on each side of the wound, have it bite on each side.. then twist its head off making it clamp down harder.. enough ants will close a wound..

go find those instead of stitches ..
Where did you see that? I swear i saw that or read it in a book...you get them to bite down then you twist off their bodies and they act like stitches...but it definitely didn't need stitches...

41 - 60 of 80 Posts