Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going down a super hardpacked hill with little traction I scittered to the side. An old rotting stump was coming up fast and I launched it, right into a tree. The Emergency in Kamloops wasn't busy and not surprised with a mountain biking injury. 17 of em. Busted my Zen too.

Attachments

·
Rides like wrecking ball
1,122 Posts
OUCH! Is that smirk right before the pain causes tears start to roll, or the sheer joy brought by great pain meds?

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It never really hurt bad and dosn't bother me much except when I chew.(a good thing)

Tomorrow Whistler:thumbsup:

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
thats gonna be a choice scar! gotta respect quality work. now email gregg and see if turner will get ya a crash replacement or at least a paint job.
that thing looks rough!

glad yer ok man.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
That is an amazing smirk for the number of sutures.

Glad you are smiling.

(I'm glad and sad you didn't post pre-stitch pix--looks surreal in how clean it is for that size of wound)

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Sweet to see you still giving the smirk..... Heal up bro, rub some fresh aloe vera on that wound at least 2 x daily, will help with reducing the scarring.....

Have to say though, they made a good job of the stitching, very neat and tidy....

·
I want that one
1,036 Posts
as the man said You're only as healthy as you feel, so its good you're smiling.
that scars a serious badge to you biking passion, show it to your grandchildren!

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No full face, it was just a xc cruise. I am out the door to Whistler in 5:nono: . Feels pretty good today so far. Thanks for the support.

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
OldHouseMan said:
I say this one deserves a Turner care package.
The man needs a new MP3 player... "busted my zen too..."

I saw an article awhile back about the ER's up there (Whistler in particular) and how many mtb injuries they treat daily! Would account for the 'nice stitches' I suppose...

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
xjbebop said:
The man needs a new MP3 player... "busted my zen too..."

I saw an article awhile back about the ER's up there (Whistler in particular) and how many mtb injuries they treat daily! Would account for the 'nice stitches' I suppose...
If I read it correct, it sounds like Travis did that in the 'loops (likely working his way West), but they also see their fair share of mt. bike, moto and snowmobile injuries.....no doubt about that. Sounds like he busted his helmet too (Giro Xen).

That gal (Doc) that was quoted about the whistler ER article is an avid mt. biker as well! She took a camp with my wife last year. Gotta love the ultra badass, hottie docs in whistler. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Almost forgot to say. Ouch Travis!!! Heal up....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.