Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asking around to get some pictures of the Ouachita Challenge trails lately. Someone sent this picture of Blowout Mountain to me - looks a little scary!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've seen the complete series of photos associate with this picture. It is in Asia, part of a path that leads to some sort of village? Looks to me like it leads to certain DEATH. :eek:

·
white boy extraordinaire
241 Posts
I only wish

If Arkansas had that quality of mtns in it, it would be a mecca.

I would be interested where that trail is, again, interesting construction.

CMW

G

·
well

for the most part...the Mountains near me (TN) are
1. Usually Covered with Trees
2. Are Not Jagged & Pointy or very Tall
3. and most important State Parks would NEVER allow a litigious American walk the PLANK!

I think somebody is messing with the OP

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The truth!

Just thought I would throw that picture up for fun!

Here is the link to the whole series of photos - it is in Asia - and looks pretty extreme! I don't know what is in that village, but it must valuable if people are willing to make the trek up there!

http://www.bond-diamonds.com/fark/chinese.htm
Matt

P.S. I have never been to the OC, but I hope Blowout Mountain is a lot easier than the trail these folks take!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I believe that's huangshan, yellow mountain in china. Crazy part is, see that building, people hauled all those materials up there the same way. crazy place, incredibly beautiful i hear (never been, but my gf went as well as my chinese professor)

google huangshan for some cool images.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Yowsa! I love that pic.

The only thing here in the states that I know of that's similar is Angel's Landing in Zion National Park Utah. Used to be a climb even gnarlier at Zion called Lady Mountain. The lawyers must've closed it but when I worked there (many years ago) the chains and steps were still in place if you new how to find the trail. But at least there you have your feet on actual rock... not on some clapped out board walk. Very cool.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I love one of the comments on the photo sequence:

I am an expert belayer if anybody needs someone to belay for them. Only three people of the 18 I have belayed for ever tumbled more than 1,000 feet.

:D

·
Wolf nipple chips
504 Posts
robbmatt said:
I've been asking around to get some pictures of the Ouachita Challenge trails lately. Someone sent this picture of Blowout Mountain to me - looks a little scary!

Now that doesn't look like a trail built to IMBA's spec's. Looks pretty erosion proof, though. No matter what the trail, my singlespeed and other on my team will destroy that trail.

teamseagal.blogspot.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.