Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wuss out on the 100 km Otways Odyssey and thinking about the 50 km instead?

Trav and I are in for the 50 km. The 100 km version is probably too hard for us older riders so we're going to aim for something more reasonable. I expect we'll mostly stick together except for the timed climb and descent, and maybe the dash over the last few km to the finish. If anyone else wants to take it easy you're welcome to join us (bring your own tea and a billy:)).

·
fnar fnar brrraaaaap
2,183 Posts
cowpat said:
Anyone wuss out on the 100 km Otways Odyssey and thinking about the 50 km instead?

Trav and I are in for the 50 km. The 100 km version is probably too hard for us older riders so we're going to aim for something more reasonable. I expect we'll mostly stick together except for the timed climb and descent, and maybe the dash over the last few km to the finish. If anyone else wants to take it easy you're welcome to join us (bring your own tea and a billy:)).
The 100km is actually quite ok due to the lack of technical riding. You may surprise yourself.

Have a good one aye :thumbsup:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
100 k's on a mountain bike still seems like a big scary number - like 270 k's for the 'Round the Bay road ride. Has potential for serious suffering. Maybe next year... Anyway I've decided to ride it on the singlespeed; should make it more interesting.

·
fnar fnar brrraaaaap
2,183 Posts
cowpat said:
100 k's on a mountain bike still seems like a big scary number - like 270 k's for the 'Round the Bay road ride. Has potential for serious suffering. Maybe next year... Anyway I've decided to ride it on the singlespeed; should make it more interesting.
Holy cow! a single speed will be like doing the 100km. Good luck with that mate that is hardcore!

·
Registered
132 Posts
OO, the 50KM is certainly easier riding, but you should check the course as it doesn't take in that much of the forrest mtb courses. ATB is 210km btw. I would'nt do it on a SS as you will expose yourself to injury, well that's my experience anyway - too much load on the knees. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.