Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a ride at Otis and am still glowing as it was a ton of fun...Don't think we touched snow more than two times and zero mud..It was the first time I'd ever been there but I promise you it won't be my last..This place was a complete blast..Super fast super tight with a lot of great flow....Hooked up with a group of three guys ( Sorry really bad with names) Santa cruz Heckler,and two Special Ed's..This I must admit was a big part of why today was a great ride as these guys were really cool,down to earth , and oh ya pretty dam fast to boot. Thanks guys for showing us around and hope to hook up and ride again someday soon...;) CF......

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Severum said:
Funny we were there today too. We saw those guys, but not you Fred. Next time...

Killer conditions!!!
How big was your group? Was that you hanging with them before they went in ( around 10:00)? Or was you there later around 12"45? That's to bad as I would have really like to of met you...Another time I guess right? CF......

·
Registered
101 Posts
Damn, sounds like Otis was a good time. I had plans to go down yesterday and bailed. Ended up riding in the backyard - Franklin Park in the city. Good for 1.5 hrs of screwing around in the snow. Better snow today made for great xc skiing in the same spots.

Spiffed up the rig with a rigid fork, too. Love it climbing. Let's see what my arms say after a good full day at HP or the Fells in the summer.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
yogreg said:
You boys should get down to Otis. The trails are very fast up and down. With some tech rock. stuff here and there.
The latest storm only threw a few inches at the trails I bet.

Greg
Is it easy to find your way around or do you need local knowledge of the trails?

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
You can ride Otis without a clue of the trails. Otis is long and skinny so it's not difficult to find the highway if you have to.

Just give yourself enough time to find your way back. When I go there I usually ride until I can't anymore, then try to find my way back to the car.

If you go I'd park in the hardware store lot (or other commercial lot) as described here http://www.ragemtb.com/maps/otis/

I parked at the fish & game lot by the rotary and had military police swarm my car (m16s in hand). Scared the sh*t out of me since I was changing and wasn't sure I should even pull up my pants when they ran toward my car. ..I explained that it was a legal parking spot and they agreed that I could park, just not loiter. That was BS, but didn't want to argue with armed men in camo.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hit up Otis once this summer when I was down that way for a wedding and it was great. Super fun on a SS, too. I was really impressed by the trails. Would love to head down there this weekend, but I'm going farther south - a weekend in NC is going to give me a good dirt fix. Great trails in the triangle area if anyone ever gets down that way. We've got different 40 mile loops lined up for each day. I guess it helps to be able to build trail year round.

·
Registered
1 Posts
otis ride 1-10-09

Fred, great meeting you guys and riding at otis sat. Will definately be back considering the small snowfall. Also I'll make good on my offer for some gear mashing at blue hills once the trails are back to normal.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bontrager said:
Fred, great meeting you guys and riding at otis sat. Will definately be back considering the small snowfall. Also I'll make good on my offer for some gear mashing at blue hills once the trails are back to normal.
Thanks bontrager, Just returned your pm...Look forward to riding with you all again soon....CF.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.