Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that winter is upon us and I have more time on my hands due to so much cold/rainy weather I have begun brewing beer at home again. I had stopped years ago with child rearing responsibilities and finding every free moment to head to the trails. Now bring on the malt and hops.
I have a nut brown ale in my secondary waiting to be bottled and a nice hoppy IPA in my primary making the yeast happy.
When you run out of posts to read on this forum,,,go here...http://www.homebrewtalk.com/

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
Yeah, I used to homebrew a lot. I made a lot of my own recipes. I even started doing partial mashes, but then I lost interest for a while. Also did wine kits occasionally-if you haven't tried that, you should, they are TOO EASY!

The problem with homebrewing is this-what would I rather do on a sunday afternoon-ride or brew? Well the answer always turns out to be RIDE.

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
Bartman said:
Finch, that is pretty funny. I never noticed the beer forum!!!! I guess I should look around once in a while. LOL
You probably never noticed, because it was down there with Site Feedback and the Recycle Bin for quite awhile.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Finch Platte said:
I believe this is the correct answer.

:thumbsup:

fp
When I saw your post I was going to give you grief about posting here but Finch beat me to it. Pretty cool that Finch Platte was able to Photoshop "DOH" over your picture.

Chris
PS, I'm typing this in the KLM Amsterdam lounge. I'll be home this evening. Can we ride or will it be the snow shoes. Maybe you can pay me for the fork with beer.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
I homebrew regularly. I also take care of my 3 kids and get in regular rides. I've streamlined the brewing process to make it as quick and easy as posible. I found out that if it became too elborate then it simply would not get done. So I keep it simple and find time for kids, work, rides and beer.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
tduro said:
I homebrew. I think home-brewing goes remarkably well with outdoor activities. Did you know dark beer in a Coke bottle looks like a Coke?
Good point- a most excellent idear.

Back in high school at the ball games, I used to take the labels off small Martinelli's bottles, and it looked exactly like I was drinking a bottled Miller's. Never did put beer in it, tho. :rolleyes:

fp

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tduro
I homebrew. I think home-brewing goes remarkably well with outdoor activities. Did you know dark beer in a Coke bottle looks like a Coke?

Finch Platte said:
Good point- a most excellent idear.

Back in high school at the ball games, I used to take the labels off small Martinelli's bottles, and it looked exactly like I was drinking a bottled Miller's. Never did put beer in it, tho. :rolleyes:

fp
And now for the really good part: Coke comes in 2-liter bottles! And I've seen up to 3-liter. Better yet, I've got these soda bottle adapters with a quick-connect top, that lets me force-carbonate my beer right in the plastic bottle (from my CO2 tank). No yeast residue, no foam-overs from trying to put foamy beer in a plastic bottle. Just fill the bottle with fresh (but flat) beer, connect 20-30 psi of CO2, and shake until it's carbonated. Works like a charm!

What should we call it? Porta-party? Faux-Coke? Stealth-a-brew? Beer-you-go? OK, I suck at this. Somebody help me out here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Regular homebrewer here. I just finished a 10 gallon batch of my holiday stout. 5 gal. kegged in my beer fridge and 5 gal. bottled in 22 oz for gifts for my friends. I'm thinking about doing an American brown ale between Xmas and NY.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.