Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Desert Dweller
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are meeting friends up in Prescott after the race on Sat. Where should we hike on Sun? I am not familiar with the hikes near Prescott and our friends have never been. Thanks for the advice...

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,348 Posts
Up Granite Mountain was one of the classic hikes in the area. Not sure how that is post-fire, but it was kind of the "go-to" hike. Not a whole lot of other "experience" hikes. Constellation and other loops are short and not as removed from the city. Spruce Mountain would probably be a nice second, especially if you parked at 377 Isabella Trail (off of Walker Road) and did the Spruce Mountain "loop". Not a lot of people get out to 377, but it's beautiful with ferns and Aspens.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Not sure how long you want to hike, but the granite dells is a nice area to hike. 2 nice lakes, cool rock formations, very nice.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
another vote for the Dells, different from everything else you will have ridden. I hiked Constellation Dells after the PMC, which is beginner - was very fun for kids. The Granite and Willow areas are harder, but I've only ridden them so cant speak to hiking trails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts