Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing the web and saw a article about a site called downloadmusic.com. Ok I went there and said that there are no charge for downloading music. Has anyone use this site yet? What are the risk if no charge? Has anyone used the current napster? I got a mp3 player as a gift and this is why I am asking.

Also what legal sites with a charge or no charge do people here use? Emusic? Urge?

Live to ride, ride to live.

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
I use iTunes, I know its not the cheapest one out there but it does work incredibly well for my music needs.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
mmmm not sure limewire is completely legal.

Check out Allofmp3.com. Itunes is nice because they have alot of hard to find stuff and high quality BUT allofmp3 lets you buy the stuff in any format/bitrate you want, and no DRM, you can copy it to other computers.

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
The program limewire itself is legal, its when you are sharing copyrighted material and allowing other people to download it from you without permission is when the legality line is crossed.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
Our govt wants to make us believe allofmp3 is a bad thing. they have convinced the major cred card companies to drop allofmp3. there are however still ways to use your major cred card to buy a pin and activation code at a different site that will work on allofmp3. Beginning around may 07 the russian law may change and the pricing may be more. right now enjoy songs on allofmp3 for around 15 cents. their download tool, alltunes, is extremely easy to use also.

·
Crunchatize me Capn'
2,899 Posts
Besides limewire, there's also bit torrent sites. I personally use those to preview albums. Not exactly legal but it saves lots of money in the long run. If I find an album, movie, etc that I really like then I will use allofmp3 to download the lossless formated album. Or just go to the store but usually allofmp3 is cheaper. Viva La allofmp3!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
i will never use limewire. a few of my friends were heavy limewire users, then both of them got some nasty virus on their computers. but thats the risk you run when your filesharing. i'd say play it safe and use itunes or napster.:thumbsup:

·
I'm a unitard!
1,514 Posts
I have an e-music account. 65 mp3s a month for $15 (I think the MP3 allotment was just reduced for new members). I love it, but I'm an indie music fan, which are the customers they seem to cater to. In other words, you won't find much mainstream stuff there.

I would say just about anywhere that you can get "free" mp3s is going to be legally questionable, and the industry is going after people (even though the times they are a changin). Be careful.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I use Limewire. I've gotten a virus a couple of times, but that's because I got lazy and didn't scan a couple of movies. As far as songs go, I've never had a problem and have a ton of music. Just use adaware everytime you close the program, and scan every folder you download to before opening something you just downloaded.

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
ArmySlowRdr said:
Our govt wants to make us believe allofmp3 is a bad thing. they have convinced the major cred card companies to drop allofmp3. there are however still ways to use your major cred card to buy a pin and activation code at a different site that will work on allofmp3. Beginning around may 07 the russian law may change and the pricing may be more. right now enjoy songs on allofmp3 for around 15 cents. their download tool, alltunes, is extremely easy to use also.
I'm not sure its our Govt., I think its more Sony-BMI-etc...

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
fourtyounce said:
I use Limewire. I've gotten a virus a couple of times, but that's because I got lazy and didn't scan a couple of movies. As far as songs go, I've never had a problem and have a ton of music. Just use adaware everytime you close the program, and scan every folder you download to before opening something you just downloaded.
yeah , safe and legal:skep: :skep:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So is allofmp3 safe and legal to use. I sort of saw a article about how musice industry is going after them for charging less than a dollar for a song? Are people allowed to use their credit card on this site, i have not gone there? If not how would you join to get a account and use your cc? Armysolwrd said there was a site to use does any one know what this site might be? Also I have a samsung t9 player which is a good one not a ipod.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
please search the allofmp3 blog..

all you need to know is on the allofmp3 site--search their blog. It is an xrost pin and activation code you buy with a visa or mastercard from a click and pay site. instructions are within the blog. i've been using allofmp3 for several years. as far as the legality--legal in russia--probably not elsewhere although all this is still being played out in the legal systems.

Atomic300 said:
So is allofmp3 safe and legal to use. I sort of saw a article about how musice industry is going after them for charging less than a dollar for a song? Are people allowed to use their credit card on this site, i have not gone there? If not how would you join to get a account and use your cc? Armysolwrd said there was a site to use does any one know what this site might be? Also I have a samsung t9 player which is a good one not a ipod.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I still use limewire for individual songs, etree for live shows, and torrentspy for albums/discographies and movies.

Screw the music labels. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.