Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
imjps said:
I don't know about you, but I think Firefox browser is great. IE has alway's sucked, but now, there is no reason ever to use it.

jps
It's what I use and I love it. It was made by a sophmore in college, and now he is super rich....wish i would have thought of it :)

·
suck it trebeK
418 Posts
I've been using it for a month now, and I love the tabbed browsing and how it manages to stop 99% of popups. But it has some annoyances, like how it doesn't save your page location going forward, and sometimes forgets going backward. Some pages have slow loads and/or don't show right either. But despite some shortcomings my desire to stick it to microsoft is greater :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Die hard Firefox user here. Just wanted to mention, that the reason some of the webpages don't show up well on Firefox is usually entirely the websites fault, and not Firefox. Firefox uses the correct protocal to view the pages, but many of the pages are not written entirely correctly. If everyone wrote them how they were supposed to be, Firefox would have no problems.

G

·
Just wanted to mention, that the reason some of the webpages don't show up well on Firefox is usually entirely the websites fault, and not Firefox.
That is true.
Been using Firefox for about six months and I really like it.
Also, if you are using Firefox, there is an upgrade(1.0.3) available the fixes recent security issues. You should be able to upgrade by using the upgrade function found at Tools>Options>Advanced in the Firefox browser instead of doing a clean install.

·
Go Bears!
141 Posts
I've been using it since before it was called Firefox. The adblock extension absolutely rules. Most websites (including mtbr) load about 50% faster just because you don't load the ad banners which always get loaded first.

To support mtbr though, I do hit it once in a while with IE to get their ad hits up, although it really doesn't make much difference unless you click through the banners to buy something. When I do this I'm immediately reminded of why I use adblock.

·
Registered
568 Posts
extensions, extensions, extensions

How great is it to be able to use extensions?!

My favorites are "Mouse Gestures", "GooglePreview" and "Linky". Great stuff ... so much better than IE.

My only complaint (and I haven't really tried to fix it yet) is the inability for Firefox to open PDFs for me. I'm sure its a simple fix, if anybody knows it? ....

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
you can't get into the deep guts of Wal-Marts system with FF, so I don't use it at work, but otherwise, I keep trying to delete IE off my computer...not successful so far, but I never give up the dream....

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
imjps said:
I don't know about you, but I think Firefox browser is great. IE has alway's sucked, but now, there is no reason ever to use it.

jps
I never really had huge problems with IE, but I do love the tabbed browsing of Firefox. I'm converted and rarely ever use IE anymore (only for pages that don't support Firefox).

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
I played with Firefox at university yesterday. I couldn't imagine why one would bother using IE. I personally gave up using Internet Explorer some years ago - Because its slow and pathetic!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Slow poke

I love firefox but it takes forever to launch. I'm running an Athalon XP 3200, 512 mb ram. I think it's because I am running vid off of the motherboard as opposed to a separate card. The whole stupid system is slower than my old PC a PIII 733 with 356 megs ram.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Padre said:
I'd use firefox more if I could figure out how to import my bookmarks from Safari...at this point...it has a brain-fart when I attempt it...
FWIW, I still think Safari is a faster browser than firefox. Not entirely sure, but I am guessing safari is a little better.

With 10.4 coming out it should only get better.

·
Go Bears!
141 Posts
Suicyco said:
My only complaint (and I haven't really tried to fix it yet) is the inability for Firefox to open PDFs for me. I'm sure its a simple fix, if anybody knows it? ....
It works for me. I think if you reinstall Acrobat Viewer it should pick it up. Either that or select Mozilla support.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Just another thumbs up for firefox. I don't hate IE but I definitely prefer firefox.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.