Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound strange...

But, does anyone know where I could pick up a lot of older National Geographic magazines...

Hopefully for the price of gas, shipping, or a sixer?

I'm working on something for school, and need to get my hands on a bunch of ones from the 50s, 60s, 70s. However, 20s,30s40s would be awesome as well...

If there's someone out there that has a bunch collecting dust and getting damp in your garage - send them my way! :D :D :D

Shoot me an email... donkekusATcomcastDOTnet

(should I throw $2 for a wanted ad? ;) )

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Native boobies, huh?

donkekus said:

But, does anyone know where I could pick up a lot of older National Geographic magazines...

I'm working on something for school, and need to get my hands on a bunch of ones from the 50s, 60s, 70s. However, 20s,30s40s would be awesome as well...

If there's someone out there that has a bunch collecting dust and getting damp in your garage - send them my way! :D :D :D

Good luck. You may be able to buy them from antique shops, but they're worth a fair amount of cash.

If you don't need them permanently, you might try a library. They may have them on microfilm.

Ken

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Try the Library

donkekus said:

I remember when I was younger, the county library had a ton of older national geos.

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Actually....

I got a couple that I found in my high school a few years ago. We were cutting them up for a project and I saved as many pre-60s NG magazines as possible. I'll try to goto my parents house tomorow and see what I've got. Any particular type articles you're lookin for?

·
Registered
180 Posts
u do know that the older ng mags are collector items, and if you cut them up for a project youll burn in hell??

check the ng website for info on collecting them, and dont cut them up!!!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jorgemonkey said:
I got a couple that I found in my high school a few years ago. We were cutting them up for a project and I saved as many pre-60s NG magazines as possible. I'll try to goto my parents house tomorow and see what I've got. Any particular type articles you're lookin for?
Funny, I'm going to do something very similar. But, scan the images...

Just looking for some crazy shots... nothing in particular.

And, I'm not looking for the crazy expensive ones. I'm down with water damaged, torn, etc.

They can be had for about a buck each, and to be honest, that's too much... ;) But, I can't find any in my area. And, mix a buck each with some weighty shipping and it's outta my league.

I'm doing some screenprinting work with them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.