Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OT: trail running spots around San Fran? TIA.

878 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  campisi 
Agree

I agree on what Impy has said. Although the De Young museum is a huge construction site now, so not much to look at the moment, but you could run through the Pan Handle to get to the GGPark. Must check out Stow Lake if you go through GGPark, and Strawberry Hill. You can check out www.511.org for bus info as well.

If you run along the Embarcadero I also suggest to run through Aquatic Park, and down to Crissy Fields - beautiful views of the GGBridge. Either way you can't go wrong!

-LJ

Impy said:
Golden Gate park has tons of trails to run on, and you can get there by the N streetcar line. Literally you can find trails near any entrance to the park. I would recommend hitting up the de young museum area then swinging over to stow lake/strawberry hill. It's a climb but great view at the top. Also nice is Lake Merced - its a 4.5 mile loop around this little lake in the southern part of the city. I can't remember the bus to get there but you can call 415-673-muni to get info on transit.

Nothing super close to where you are staying, although if you don't mind concrete you can run along the embarcadero from, say, justin hernam plaza. Nice way to get a little sightseeing in. Go left towards fisherman's wharf.

I was born/raised in SF and running was my first passion. I still love to go running there when I can. Have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.