Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been covered ad nauseum somewhere else...but how funny (in a f-you way) is the commercial running on Versus advertising the 'new' version of the TDF showing footage of past TDFs run in reverse...where the maillot jeune is being taken off Floyd Landis?

·
Future Rainbow Jersey
449 Posts
I like those commercials. I just hope they don't look bad for a third year in a row with a major doping scandal. The only bone of contention I have with those commercials is the inclusion of Erik Zabel (this was covered on other boards). The guy admitted to doping, is in good standing, and is still racing at age 38. No need to throw him under the bus as they did the others in that commercial who deserved it.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
In Canada, OLN is bringing us the VS coverage, along with a different set of commercials I think. Jennifer Love Hewitt keeps telling me how I can transform my skin with Proactiv solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
rkj__ said:
In Canada, OLN is bringing us the VS coverage, along with a different set of commercials I think. Jennifer Love Hewitt keeps telling me how I can transform my skin with Proactiv solution.
Ya. And I got my son looking for "Houes Hippos", and wondering if they will eat all of his peanut butter on toast.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
RetroGirl said:
Ya. And I got my son looking for "Houes Hippos", and wondering if they will eat all of his peanut butter on toast.
:lol: That commercial is SO old too. It was funny when I first saw it years ago.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
2xPneu said:
Oh, and how about the Specialized commercial with Tom Boonen, Mr. Coca-eena?

I couldn't believe they aired that.
I was surprised too.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Whether or not the public will accept your doping behaviour is mostly dependant on whether you're a hero or not. It does not matter whether the dope brought you the hero image.
France and Belgium tend to make even bigger heroes of their dopers. It helps to deny abuse despite unsurmountable evidence. If you later confess, you're still a hero.
One rider will be kicked out of the sport for a slightly high dose of a prescribed and UCI-legalized medicine, the other will get away with blooddoping under the eye of the whole world.
We all love Tom, so have to support him in these testing times. Johan and Vincent will always be our heroes, because they dig so deep to win their races.

·
Future Rainbow Jersey
449 Posts
Boonen just did a little coke and got caught by a non-competition doping control. No big deal if you ask me. He'll be back for next year's Tour. The real injustice is Petacchi: The guy takes an extra hit from his asthma inhaler and he's suspended. That isn't fair.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm ordering a whole palette of 9/11 commemorative $20 silver bills. How classy would it be to show up to the local pub and pay for drinks with .999 silver leaf currency that celebrates the 7th anniversary of that fateful day?

·
(not that fast)
954 Posts
unsub1 said:
I'm ordering a whole palette of 9/11 commemorative $20 silver bills. How classy would it be to show up to the local pub and pay for drinks with .999 silver leaf currency that celebrates the 7th anniversary of that fateful day?
I'm thinking strip club dude, only put them in a freezer for a couple of hours before you leave. Too bad I could only afford about one a night.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Whether or not the public will accept your doping behaviour is mostly dependant on whether you're a hero or not. It does not matter whether the dope brought you the hero image.
France and Belgium tend to make even bigger heroes of their dopers. It helps to deny abuse despite unsurmountable evidence. If you later confess, you're still a hero.
One rider will be kicked out of the sport for a slightly high dose of a prescribed and UCI-legalized medicine, the other will get away with blooddoping under the eye of the whole world.
We all love Tom, so have to support him in these testing times. Johan and Vincent will always be our heroes, because they dig so deep to win their races.
Gee I didn't know Versus was bringing the TDF coverage to France and Belgium.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.