Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this video in the XC training forum many moons ago, and just thought you guys might like to watch it as well.

It is very informative and controversial. A couple key points from the video:

Sugar is poison.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is the Devil.

Richard Nixon is going to hell.

Beer is better for you than Coke!

Now watch the video!:thumbsup:

Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested! Except I looked at the 1:29 length and told myself "Okay... another time."

:p
I know it is very long. But it is also very worth it!

Let it buffer onto your iphone and listen to it on your next ride - that's what I did.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I like this one too...

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/EHel5e5VyUxFhH7osCb1Hg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/EHel5e5VyUxFhH7osCb1Hg" type="application/x-

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
what plug in do I need for Hulu content? I cant see this...
Hmmm...weird. Per Hulu's support page...

To enjoy videos at Hulu, you will need the following software installed on your computer:

* Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32 or above
* Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above
* Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista, Macintosh OS X v10.4 or above, or Linux
* JavaScript and Cookies must also be enabled.

In addition, you will need an internet connection with sufficient bandwidth. Our videos stream at 480Kbps or 700Kbps, and we'll adjust our stream based on your bandwidth, but we recommend a downstream bandwidth of 1000Kbps or higher for the smoothest playback experience. You can test your downstream bandwidth at many websites. Search for "bandwidth test" on the web to find many of the most popular bandwidth test websites.
Some of our videos now come in a 1,000 Kbps, H.264, 480p stream. You can recognize these streams by the 480p Hi-Res button that will appear in the lower right of the player. To watch these high resolution streams, you'll need to upgrade to Flash Player 10.0.32, and we recommend a downstream bandwidth of 1,500Kbps for the smoothest playback experience.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm...weird. Per Hulu's support page...

To enjoy videos at Hulu, you will need the following software installed on your computer:

* Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32 or above
* Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above
* Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista, Macintosh OS X v10.4 or above, or Linux
* JavaScript and Cookies must also be enabled.

In addition, you will need an internet connection with sufficient bandwidth. Our videos stream at 480Kbps or 700Kbps, and we'll adjust our stream based on your bandwidth, but we recommend a downstream bandwidth of 1000Kbps or higher for the smoothest playback experience. You can test your downstream bandwidth at many websites. Search for "bandwidth test" on the web to find many of the most popular bandwidth test websites.
Some of our videos now come in a 1,000 Kbps, H.264, 480p stream. You can recognize these streams by the 480p Hi-Res button that will appear in the lower right of the player. To watch these high resolution streams, you'll need to upgrade to Flash Player 10.0.32, and we recommend a downstream bandwidth of 1,500Kbps for the smoothest playback experience.
I don't know, I have a brand new macbook and a brand new PC and neither one could even see the link you posted.

can you post it without the imbed?

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
what plug in do I need for Hulu content? I cant see this...
That played fine for me with no plugins. The ad at the start didn't play though.

We watched that sugar video a while back, it was pretty enlightening.
I expect to see one about how animal protein is just as evil. (Read the China Study)

If the 1.5 hour playtime seems like too much, then just read IHB's cliff notes.
Sugar is poison.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is the Devil.

Richard Nixon is going to hell.

Beer is better for you than Coke!
I don't think beer was better, but that the way sugar converts into almost the exact same things that alcohol does. So you might as well just have a beer.;)

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That played fine for me with no plugins. The ad at the start didn't play though.

We watched that sugar video a while back, it was pretty enlightening.
I expect to see one about how animal protein is just as evil. (Read the China Study)

If the 1.5 hour playtime seems like too much, then just read IHB's cliff notes.

I don't think beer was better, but that the way sugar converts into almost the exact same things that alcohol does. So you might as well just have a beer.;)
K. I'll run a software update on my mac and try again. I've got my PC running on my mac in VDI and it doesn't work there, either.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yah, it showed that alchohol and high fructose corn syrup had the same deleterious effects on the liver, but without the beer buzz.

But in a way beer is better for you than coke, because maltose, the sugar in beer does create the leptin response, which tells your body you ate something: whereas high fructose corn syrup does not.

In fact, this is huge - it's one of two primary reasons HFCS is so bad for you. No Leptin response, and effects on the liver.

So, rejoice. Tonight at beer thirty - raise a toast to leptin and good health; pound a beer!:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
8,633 Posts
Have you tried this one yet?

Me likey!
YES! mrtoadsc gave me a sample after a niteride yesterday....

very, very good stuff...the malty flavor is a nice balance with the hops.

it does have an 'alcohol' aftertaste...but with this brew it's integrated nicely with the other flavors...

i gotta say, at 10.8% it'll only be 1 bottle....not 2....

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
YES! mrtoadsc gave me a sample after a niteride yesterday....

very, very good stuff...the malty flavor is a nice balance with the hops.

it does have an 'alcohol' aftertaste...but with this brew it's integrated nicely with the other flavors...

i gotta say, at 10.8% it'll only be 1 bottle....not 2....
Some people say IPA's smell/taste like weed. If so, that stuff is hash oil.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm interested! Except I looked at the 1:27 length and told myself "Okay... another time."
It may not be for everyone - but for those who like the technical aspects of health and dieting will really benefit from it.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts