Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up the vintage Bose 901 speakers and as expected the foam was rotted. Ordered a re-edge kit from a place down south and did a repair on them today. Will have to wait till tomorrow and see if I did it right, hope I did because it's work prepping and gluing 16 speakers. :rockon:

http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Attachments

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MiniTrail said:
:cool:
did you go with the foam or cloth replacement?
Foam ya im cheap. :rolleyes:

MiniTrail said:
+
isn't there one more driver in the back of each?
Your killin, me I think but not sure didnt pull any speakers and the kit says it comes with 2 X-tra foams but arnt specific if it 2 per enclosure and I only remember them being reflecting so guess im pullin a speaker or more agressive on the grill removal. :madman:

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MiniTrail said:
look in the back
I think it had one in the center facing rearward but my memory sucks as you know. I think that was what all the direct/reflecting poop was about.

looks good so far :thumbsup:
:cryin: Gaked the wood yes their is at least one more in the front the 8 are the back. :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MiniTrail said:
Fix the other two between rides and hit Jimi up when you're done?
First I need to get the covers off without any more damage to the frame or housing. I got the oil but will need to reglue the damaged pieces. If you look close you can see that I oiled with Old English already. :ihih:

·
Go Bruins!
587 Posts
You can't HEAR jimi......

Old School Bose.............haven't seen those in awhile. Reminds me of the mid 80's when I was designing my early home theater system with a stereo receiver a vcr and a couple of sets of speakers from Rogers Sound Lab in California. As a teen, I had a home theater that was the envy of many with this setup. Those things are big. Ought to have some good sound left with new foam for the drivers. Rebound characteristics must be improved dramatically.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MT was right as always, all fixed now. :thumbsup:

They stapled the front grills on. :incazzato:

I have a tube Yamaha receiver and a pair of Sonab speakers these Bose will be joining in the garage for a 4 speaker vintage system. :band:

Also have a old Teac cassette player but it needs a drive belt that cost $80+ :arf: will be adding a Sony TCW345 dual cassette to the system nothing fancy but believe around 1995 or so vintage. :cool:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.