Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my kids are off for the next couple of weeks, I'd like to take them sledding up north. Does anyone know if that old gravel pile north of Payson is still open to sledding? Or, can someone recommend a spot with some hills where they can get some runs in that are relatively close to the valley? I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,856 Posts
Mingus Mtn?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am also thinking about taking my 3 year old sledding up north, either in the Flagstaff area or Payson/rim country. Can anyone reccomend someplace to go sledding that is adecent hill, relatively easy to get to, and safe for children? A preliminary google search found a place called Wing Mountain Recreation Area, or something like that. Is anyone familiar with that? What about the big hill on the left as you drive from Flagstaff toward Snowbowl Road???

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found some!

The snow play area north of Payson is closed, but we found a couple of areas to have some fun. The first was north of Cinch Hook by a couple of miles. Some kind of service yard that was plowed out that had a small hill right by the parking area, and a big run down through the woods a bit. The second was a big open area east of Willow Springs Lake. I used my multi purpose dog in leu of any hills. She pulled the kids for a couple of hours straight, then slept for the next 12 hrs. Be careful venturing off the roads. We almost got stuck due to ice while back on the Young Road east of Payson. I had to use the locker to get out.

Have fun!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.