Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Squalor
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blew off riding the 29"er on Saturday to do a little day hiking in the Smokies with some friends.

It'd been too long since I did anything fun outside other than ride a bike in the woods.

I was starting to feel a little "bike funk".

Cure below:

Classic Smokies Signage

Another type of flow

Friends in woods

Peakin' Shrooms

Funky Limbage

Goofin' at the Bald in the rain

Typical Dank Smokies Trail

Log Bridge

Mad-Max Style

Holy Vertigo

Way too much fun! 15.7 miles in 8-ish hours. Beat that!

Get out there ya'll, but leave the bike at home sometimes. :thumbsup:

LP

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
Gregory’s Bald from the Twentymile trailhead? That’s a good haul. Good time for sure. Not many folks hike out of Twentymile at all.
The Wife and I did that one day in a foot of snow with wild boar following us half the day.
I went to the **** yesterday, first time I think I’ve been there and not run into you.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Those pictures have inspired me. I need a break from the bike as well and I can be at most GSM trailheads in under an hour. Maybe I'll go to LeConte this coming weekend? Finally someone posted something a little different on this painfully boring site. I was all set to read about someone's quandary as to adorn their bike with pink or blue anodzed parts. Should I get get a Lynskey or a Moots? Why go with a 1x9? Blah, blah, balh.

·
Squalor
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Endomaniac said:
Gregory's Bald from the Twentymile trailhead? That's a good haul. Good time for sure. Not many folks hike out of Twentymile at all.
The Wife and I did that one day in a foot of snow with wild boar following us half the day.
I went to the **** yesterday, first time I think I've been there and not run into you.
Ha that's great! Yeah. Twentymile to Long Hungry to Gregory's Bald to Wolf Ridge back to Twentymile. AMAZING!

I had to get off the bike this weekend. This was the perfect cure. Great hike for sure.

We've got some bike related nastyness planned for next weekend. ORAMM is getting close you know.

PM me for details. Hint...will include the road bike and LOTS of climbing.

Hope you guys had fun at the ****! Hell, you need to just keep a "bike condo" down here.

LP

·
Squalor
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cruzthepug said:
LP, looks like you guys had fun.
Did you all make it up? The wife said the showers stopped about 8:00am and it cleared up after that.

I'm serious about Monte Sano. I'm going to hit you up within in the next few weeks. Never been down there and really want to check it out! I'll probably have one in tow.

LP

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,751 Posts
lanpope said:
Did you all make it up? The wife said the showers stopped about 8:00am and it cleared up after that.

I'm serious about Monte Sano. I'm going to hit you up within in the next few weeks. Never been down there and really want to check it out! I'll probably have one in tow.

LP
The rain scared us off Saturday Morning, and everyone else got tied up doing Father's Day family stuff on Sunday. I did ~2 hour solo at Monte Sano. Just let me know when your coming down, it's about a hour and a half from the **** to Monte Sano. We've got our SORBA summer trip the weekend of July 12, other than that I'm free to play tour guide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.