Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
over researcher
1,158 Posts
Interesting read here. http://www.slate.com/id/2145531/?GT1=8391 If there's any truth to the article, sure he helped co-found Pink Floyd, but he certainly didn't perfect them. According to the article, it sounds as if Barrett is just another ex-band member who has left a group, regardless of the reasons, before the group really made it. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but if that's the case, then there's plenty more like Barrett who have made life changing choices/mistakes, who are now simply dead. Either way, it would be a shame if he polluted himself to the point of lunacy.

·
Registered
451 Posts
TwistedCrank said:
What's so wrong about taking extremely massive amounts of LSD?
just one more hit, it is wafer thin.....

and Syd did write The Bicycle song for Floyd...... and regardless of the path he wound up on, he contributed to my space in time, and deserves to "shine on you crazy diamond"

Happy trails..... mentally and visually,, and under the tread.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want to learn about music from an article, OK. But, I prefer to listen to it. You could never appreciate Syds true demented musical genious without listening and embracing.

·
over researcher
1,158 Posts
k2cruiser72 said:
If you want to learn about music from an article, OK. But, I prefer to listen to it. You could never appreciate Syds true demented musical genious without listening and embracing.
?? I wasn't planning on learning music from an article. Actually, I don't believe I've listened to any of his music. I'd like to though.

What does melting one's brain have to do with music anyway? Waste of talent if you ask me. Look at Janice Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Jerry Garcia, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain. All of them excellent musicians, song writers, singers, etc. I have music from all them. It is also my opinion that all of them wasted their talent by unnecessarily ending their lives early.

·
Registered
451 Posts
royta said:
?? I wasn't planning on learning music from an article. Actually, I don't believe I've listened to any of his music. I'd like to though.

What does melting one's brain have to do with music anyway? Waste of talent if you ask me. Look at Janice Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Jerry Garcia, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain. All of them excellent musicians, song writers, singers, etc. I have music from all them. It is also my opinion that all of them wasted their talent by unnecessarily ending their lives early.
Or was it the mind expansion, that touched the creative spark?

Their path was only their's to take, the legacy that their spirits left, is one that has, and will continue to touch souls.

Some folks will get it,, some won't. Enjoy their contribution if it touches you, turn off the dial if it doesn't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.