·
roadie
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
very cool - thanks for sharing.

how much time off did you take? some pictures are reminiscent of my last sabbatical where we toured Europe for 2.5 weeks, which doesn't sound like a lot but we went to like 6 countries and 12+ different cities. :)

·
roadie
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. my sabbatical started in June and lasted for about nine months (went back to work this past Monday)

already looking forward to the next one! :p

·
roadie
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3 months on, 9 months off would be a good rotation. btw, i always have an open req for good software engineers

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Big fan of Black Sabbatical! "Generals gather in their masses (didlanaw) just like witches at black masses....Oh , lord yeah!"

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
I wondered where all that creativity was coming from! Way to live frikkin large.

I've checked out from the rat race several times. I'll have to remember to call the next one a sabbatical!

"You only get one retirement. If you don't practice it, you might just do it wrong!"

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Seems the bike industry does not believe in sabbaticals, perhaps because every day is a vacation!

My personal philosophy goes a bit farther; retire before your parents do.
I am hoping to be done with this "working" thing by 40.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
I, on the other hand, have been working for EDD since September of last year. However, I start working again on the 7th of April. I’m going to miss my freedom. :(

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sabbaticals are excellent, particularly for putting things in perspective and really having a great chance to think.

Commiserations(?) on returning to work.... remember there's a flow trail needs building if you get bored of working for a living!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts