Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,440 Posts
did that

haven't checked the boards here for a while, but yeah, I did that.

Wore a white coolmax t-shirt first day, orange and blue "illinois" jersey second day.

How'd you do?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not good. This was only my second road race. I have no extra wheels, and of course, got a rear flat. I run 8 speed, so there were no wheels for me. I changed the tube and kept riding, figured I could catch the juniors and at least get some good training for the mtb race in August, but after pushing hard for about an hour or so, I got about 10 miles from the finish when I just didn't have anything left. A car passed me that told me the cat 1,2's weren't far behind, so I stopped and waited. Caught a ride with the wheel support and got the best view of the break away and the cat 1,2 finish. That was pretty awesome.

This is the first time I have ever quit a race, but as I watched those guys climb those last few miles I knew I never would have made it. So, pretty dissapointing, but I had a great time anyways.

How 'bout you?

T.A.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
flagvelo.com has results for both days. Hill climb was snowbowl road, bottom to top. Wupatki started at the entrance to Sunset Crater and went all the way out to Wupatki (all the way back to the highway for the 1,2,3's). First time I have ever ridden that road, it was pretty cool. Especially the descent!!!

T.A.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.