Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's been a tough couple of monthes. Some of us has had to sell some bikes, while others had gotten some new ones, so our individual collections have changed. I sold a fixie and built a new commuter & added some nice bits to my road bike.

How about yours? Don't forget pics!:D

·
I dig trails!
5,611 Posts
Hey, Steve, where are your pics? :)

I'll play.

I replaced the semi-WW flex-fest wheels with some heavy duty AM wheels I've had for 3 years and an 06 TPC+ through axle Nixon on the SS and the fun factor has shot through the roof :thumbsup: No more bypassing the fun nuggets. For some reason, I feel like I can climb better too!?!?

I also just got a Roco for the Enduro. I can't wait to put this to the test. It will be about 32 degrees for the test ride this Sunday. The upgraditis will keep me warm ;)

P

Attachments

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine...

Sorry, couldn't take any pics last night, so I had to do it an hour ago...

I've got my new commuter that I built in August, and have used for grocery stuff, school stuff, and around town. It was my grandpas old hybrid frame, and I put xt vbrakes, a deore ext. crank, and some ss wheels. A lot of fun...

I've put some new bits on my tarmac, like the pedals, crank, and tires. The bike is too fast for me, and when I ride it, I feel unworthy...:p

My blur lt hasn't changed much. I had the brakes bled & adjusted at Passion :)thumbsup: Thanks again Daryl!), but otherwise same old same old.

Note the last picture with the bolt. I drilled into the bottom of my bag and into the rack, so no dumbass can pop off my bag @ school & take it, cause I didn't wanna walk around with it.

Attachments

·
Master of '80s BMX tricks
1,075 Posts
why yes, i do like Specialized mpuntain bikes.

On the bottom of the first picture is my '08 Stumpy-niner HT and on top we have my '05 S-works Epic (the only one in silver that i've ever seen) which was recently put out to pasture in favor of the bike in the second picture.

Next, we have the Ebay score of the year. My '07 Stumpjumper FSR Carbon. Here it is shown moments after failing to live up to it's name. I picked it up for half the original price from some guy who rode it exaclty TWICE!!

Third, we have my '97 GT Pro Freestyle Tour with Peregrine 48 HPSP rims and an ACS RL Edge anti-backpedal hub. It's a souvenir of my youth that i take out and jump around on whenever I'm feeling nostalgic and want to relive those thrilling days of yesteryear.
Can anyone name the trick i'm bustin' out?

not pictured is my commuter bike, a black Access hardtail. nothing exciting, but that's just what you need when your chaining up on the mean streets of Oakland all the time.

·
Master of '80s BMX tricks
1,075 Posts
ssmike said:
Me thinks that would be a Decade
CORRECT!!!

thanks mike, i was starting to get dissillusioned that the NorCal forum was full of roadie transplants and noobs who haven't been around long enough to know their '80's BMX/flatland tricks. At least there's one person who understands me.
If we ever ride together (XC or flatland) let me buy you a beer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Biker_Scout_Sparky said:
CORRECT!!!

thanks mike, i was starting to get dissillusioned that the NorCal forum was full of roadie transplants and noobs who haven't been around long enough to know their '80's BMX/flatland tricks. At least there's one person who understands me.
If we ever ride together (XC or flatland) let me buy you a beer. :thumbsup:
I never rode BMX (roadie ;) ) but I did product development work for a BMX company for 15 years starting in the early 90's so I was very familiar with the riders and what they were doing. Do I still get the beer?

·
utilitarian biker
464 Posts
Four currently for me.

My Touring Rig - Surly Long Haul Trucker

My Sport Utility Bike - Surly Big Dummy

My big gun - Santa Cruz Nomad

Lastly my first full squish bike - Santa Cruz Superlight.

And a crappy camera phone picture of the garage rack.

Attachments

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
MattP. said:
This is what I'm down to: Turner Highline
That bike looks familiar. Looks just like one I saw in Evolution Bike Shop in Cupertino a few days ago, but it had a Totem and blue pedals on it. :thumbsup:

P.S. Just sold my road bike (2008 Fuji Roubaix LTD.) and my BMX bike (Specialized Fuse). Now I'm working on selling my 7point frame, and my 2008 Totem Solo Air to afford a new DH bike. In other words, my quiver has diminished.... severely.

And otherwise, I've just been riding the piss out of my 2006 IH MkIII. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.