Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
That wuz cool. Me, about 15 minutes to lace it, and about 15 minutes to true it. Now, I was really lazy and bought the correct length spokes (same length both sides for Rolly). I saved a step on old Neil there! lol

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OldMTBfreak said:
That wuz cool. Me, about 15 minutes to lace it, and about 15 minutes to true it. Now, I was really lazy and bought the correct length spokes (same length both sides for Rolly). I saved a step on old Neil there! lol
My biggest slowdown is aligning the dang valve stem hole with the hub's logo -- further complicated by the oil drain plug on the Speedhub. Don't know why I bother, but it's "good practice" so I do it. 3x or Speedhubs, usually no problem. But once I'm down to 2x on other hubs or even 1x (upcoming Nuvinci build) I don't have a Zinn or Rohloff lacing guide to use. Common sense saves the day but takes a few minutes to engage the proper gears. I imagine it becomes something close to automatic for somebody who laces wheels on a regular basis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.