Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently live in Pennsylvania and am considering moving to AZ. Looking for some info
on areas that offer Whitewater kayaking/Mtn biking and not too far employment oppertunities. I like the Mountains.
Thanks
JMK

·
I'm with stupid -------->
390 Posts
jkad said:
I currently live in Pennsylvania and am considering moving to AZ. Looking for some info
on areas that offer Whitewater kayaking/Mtn biking and not too far employment oppertunities. I like the Mountains.
Thanks
JMK
Define employment opportunities. Just a job or a profession?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mortgage/Banking Ind.

·
I'm with stupid -------->
390 Posts
jkad said:
Mortgage/Banking Ind.
AZ is not exactly teeming with those types of jobs right now (in general). There are still a lot of people in that line of work looking for jobs so they are going to be hard to get. Finding one in a mountain town is going to be 200 times more difficult (the majority of them are in Phx and Tucson). I guess Flagstaff is the best bet but housing isn't cheap if you are looking to buy, read the other thread about it.

·
oh Lucky me
705 Posts
haha...yeah i was in the mtg ind for 7 years...then all of a sudden 2 years ago...WHAM...i am out on my @$$ with no job and no possiblity of finding the same type of job. i would seriously consider changing professions. but that stuff is definately hard to come by down here....sorry

·
Registered
540 Posts
Job............ Arizona........... eh?

Those two things seem pretty far apart as it is. Maybe in the Phoenix area, but then you're pretty far from the things you want to do.

White Mountains = small towns, no jobs, but really great outdoor rec.
Flagstaff = medium sized city pretending to be a small town, very few jobs, awesome mountain biking.
Page, Grand Canyon, etc = not mountains, no jobs, colorado river rafting/kayaking.

That's the NorAZ scoop... don't know about elsewhere right now.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,894 Posts
Phillbo said:
Move to Prescott and sell crack.
Meth is the industry of choice.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
jkad said:
Thanks
JMK
Boise, Idaho.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,894 Posts
White-water season starts in a few weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts