Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up your way this coming Sunday. Given the lack of rain (snow) we've had so far this year, would it make any sense to bring a MTB with me?? When I booked this trip back in Nov, I was expecting to do a combo of downhill, XC, and snowshoeing. I still expect to be able to get in some downhill runs, but I can't imagine there's much snow anywhere but at the resorts (machine made), so XC at Paige Meadows is probably out. If I am staying on the West Shore, is there any worthwhile riding nearby??

TIA!

Brian

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I'd forget the bike, the cold weather up until recently preserved the snow pretty good. I do not spend time on the West Shore so no suggestions for there. You could drive south a bit, you can drive right up to the summer parking for Tallac right now and bag it with your snow shoes.

You can also take your cross country skis and head up to the Echo Lakes Snow park at the top of 50 and cross the lakes right now and head back into the Desolation if you get an early enough start you can go all way to Lake Aloha.

And of course the Ski area's have made snow on top of what theve gotten so there's always High speed groomer runs and maybe a bit of corn skiing to be had.

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks. So the week won't be all for naught. I'll just have to work a little harder than I thought in order to find the good stuff. I figured I was being a bit optimistic to think some of the MTB trails would be rideable, but you never know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.