Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a sequence using my camera's features.

Now I want to use Photoshop to join the pics into one, how to I accomplish that?

I did a lame attempt in addition to the poor pics

·
Registered
18 Posts
Use a tripod next time.. you can put each one on a layer.. and line up the steps.. since the base.. "steps" moved.. you will have problems lining them up..
as said above.. put one on each layer.. erase all around the bike.. take away the background of each layer except for the bottom one.. then you will have the bike going down the steps..

a tripod will help in the future..
good luck

G

·
wvphoto said:
Use a tripod next time..
A tripod is not required.

I've never used one for a composition. A steady hand/awareness of the final image that you're trying to capture is a good thing though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
please bear with me,because i left mymac at work and my son's computer has afinicky spacebar.

areyou sayingyouwant to make them into a sequence like this?

if that's whatyou want it'svery simple (simplerthan thiscomputer typingaspacebar :p). first you need tocrop each pic tothe samesize. thenyouaddthem all toa new project of the samesize, have the layers be in the order you'llwant them to play. then "savefor web". inthis window, youhave theoption to animateyour picture. myphotoshop does this best if you select .gif asyour chosen format. you justclick the boxnext to animate and select your chosen speed,andwhether you want it toloop or not, and you're all set!

(my pic above is set toonly play once, so if you missed it,reloadthepage, or copythe url and view itthat way :))

oncei get mymac backi cananimateitforyou if youlike.

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks trigeek, that's an animated gif and I know how to do that on Photoshop.

What I was trying to do was to have each pic at the same time sharing the background like wphoto did.

·
less is more
823 Posts
DiRt: 1st start w/ a higher quality image. You must have enough pixels to stretch around w/ out the photos turning to a mess. Copy & paste each image into PS in sequence. Hide mid layers & using 1st & last for background & stretch to ovelap using 50% opacity on top layer to see through to match stairs, etc & merge. Then click eyeballs on each mid layer over the background & erase all but the rider & move him as needed to match up background. That's one way to do it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yeah, it looks like you moved a little, so you may have to fudge some of the foreground stairs to make it look right. Like Venus said, use lowered opacities to line everything up and then work the edges of the overlapping layers with a diffuse eraser to break up the joint lines and expose the biker from each photo. If you end up with any areas that just don't match, you can use old friend rubber stamp to fill in the holes. When you're happy with it all, flatten it and play with curves to brighten the whole thing up. At first glance, I didn't even notice the biker.

Image>Adjust>Curves.

Hopefully that helps.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
You shouldn't have moved the camera. If you want to get the sequential look of a person moving through the air it's best if you take the picture from a camera that's on a tri-pod. Then you go back and cut out the person and past them into one picture, the one with the cleanest background.

You might be able to do something a little "abstract" where you take the riders and cut them out rouchly and arrange them together so that it's "edgy" or something. But honestly, that picture's so dark it's probably not even worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.