·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Southern Fried mUni
1,126 Posts
29ftw said:
You too eh? That was brutal (up until I turned around on CC). That heat was a real game-changer. Far harder than last year
I wrecked hard on Kitsuma first trip down. Too many roadies walking down perfectly good mountain bike trail. I made a pass (with permission) on the outside and the dude lost his balance and knocked me over the side. I landed pretty gracefully all things considered but then his bike landed on me. I could tell I was pretty banged up but tried to ride out the pain. My left thigh was jacked up though and when I got to aid station two it still wasn't getting any better and it had taken me almost 4 hours to get there due to the discomfort. I knew I'd never make the climb up CC so I quit there.

·
slakDawg
469 Posts
sjanes said:
I threw in the towel at aid station 5.....quitting sucks.
Well you could have pushed on and been another victim to the heat. I popped out of Kitsuma to a parking lot full of emergency responders of all sorts. Guy had heat exhaustion too a pretty bad level. That would've sucked, to be about 4-5 miles to the finish and all the heavy climbing behind you.

The rain started falling as I was about done with HB and really hit when at aid station 5. That gave me my 32nd wind of the day and I finished feeling pretty good. Kitsuma sure is greasy when wet.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I was going great until I hit CC then my legs quit. I mean quit. It took me ~45 min for the last half of CC (after doing Kitsuma) on a training ride in May, took me 2.5 hours yesterday. I walked up the last half of CC and made it down HBR in the rain to aid station 5...I was staying at the Inn on Mill Creek so DNFing was too easy at that point.

·
Registered
917 Posts
zod said:
That has to be about the worst place to stay for ORAMM :)
Ha! Good point!

I was planning on riding by the inn ~2-3pm, telling my wife to pick me up at the finish in an hour or so, and finishing in 7-8 hours max. What a blow to the ego!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts