Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, no riding for me tonight - we're off to the U2 concert! First major show we've seen since the Stones in Milwaukee 6 years ago.

Awesome seats - Sect. 111 down low, right next to the stage. :D

Later...

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
waltaz said:
Well, no riding for me tonight - we're off to the U2 concert! First major show we've seen since the Stones in Milwaukee 6 years ago.

Later...
Hope you didn't forget the leather chaps or the K-Y jelly! Have fun, be sure to post pics!!!

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
waltaz said:

Later...
I heard they did a kick ass version of Tie a Yellow Ribbon..... Any truth to that?

I'm friggin jealous. I heard last night they released some more tixs for tonight's show, but alas I was too late. What "oldies" did they play? I had a chance to see them twice for their Joshua Tree tour (actually, the last time I saw them), and both shows rank in my top 5. I thought they went downhill ever since, but I've enjoyed their last two albums.

·
Registered
527 Posts
skinny-tire said:
I heard they did a kick ass version of Tie a Yellow Ribbon..... Any truth to that?

I'm friggin jealous. I heard last night they released some more tixs for tonight's show, but alas I was too late. What "oldies" did they play? I had a chance to see them twice for their Joshua Tree tour (actually, the last time I saw them), and both shows rank in my top 5. I thought they went downhill ever since, but I've enjoyed their last two albums.
They hit all the good ones, bloody sunday, and where the streets have no name got everybody up and clapping, and yes they did to tie a yellow ribbon. On the way home tired I considered making the trip and finding some scalped tics for tonights show...

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skinny-tire said:

It was a great show...though a late night for me. Got a headache from too many Fat Tires - don't know if it was the alcohol or the price - $7.25 each for 16 oz.

They played many new tunes and their big "oldies." Very entertaining show - the last hour was stronger than the first hour. Two encores. I thought it was a much more personal show, particularly with regard to Bono's relationship with the late Pope John Paul II (he related the story of when he had an audience the pope and hung the cross he was given by the pope from the microphone stand for a couple songs) and Bono's 'One' charity. I now have a white 'One' bracelet to go with my Livestrong bracelet.

I heard that tickets could be had outside for face or below. If you want to go, I suggest just going and I think you'll be able to find tickets.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
ttocs said:
They hit all the good ones, bloody sunday, and where the streets have no name got everybody up and clapping, and yes they did to tie a yellow ribbon. On the way home tired I considered making the trip and finding some scalped tics for tonights show...
How about Bad?

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
waltaz said:

Later...
The last U2 show I saw was at SunDevil Stadium in 1986 or 1987 for 5 bucks! That was very cool. They were filming concert footage for rattle & hum if I remember correctly...fond memory for that period!

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
waltaz said:
It was a great show...though a late night for me. Got a headache from too many Fat Tires - don't know if it was the alcohol or the price - $7.25 each for 16 oz.

They played many new tunes and their big "oldies." Very entertaining show - the last hour was stronger than the first hour. Two encores. I thought it was a much more personal show, particularly with regard to Bono's relationship with the late Pope John Paul II (he related the story of when he had an audience the pope and hung the cross he was given by the pope from the microphone stand for a couple songs) and Bono's 'One' charity. I now have a white 'One' bracelet to go with my Livestrong bracelet.

I heard that tickets could be had outside for face or below. If you want to go, I suggest just going and I think you'll be able to find tickets.
Damnit Walt, I just wasted close to 30 minutes lisetning to Bad 4 straight times. I heard people were waiting 24 hours toget in yesterday (it was general admission on the floor, yes?).

I saw them at Sun Devil Stadium in 1987. I was probably the next to last row. Couldn't see a damn thing. And I was hoarse after the second song. I'm tempted to go, but hence, today is April 15. Have to pay the reaper. (Which is kind of funny, because the last concert I went to was Wilco, and their second encore was, "Don't Fear the Reaper" It was surreal).

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
yetisurly said:
The last U2 show I saw was at SunDevil Stadium in 1986 or 1987 for 5 bucks! That was very cool. They were filming concert footage for rattle & hum if I remember correctly...fond memory for that period!
Me too. What day? They called it a Ev Mecham Going Away Party!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
waltaz said:
Bono referenced that and MLK thing last night after (or during?) Pride...
Bono would be happen to know that Ev was last seen peddling his book at the State Fair. It was the most bizzare, and sad sight you could imagine. Here is Ev, at a dirty, beat up folding table with his book (something about how he was wrongly accused), and not a sole there. He was standing there by his lonesome, as startled fair goers passed by asking, Is that Ev Mecham?

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
skinny-tire said:
Me too. What day? They called it a Ev Mecham Going Away Party!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't remember = I was binging on questionably questionable stuff. I do remember seeing that oldster blues guy that fairly rips on the guitar though. Good times...

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
yetisurly said:
I don't remember = I was binging on questionably questionable stuff. I do remember seeing that oldster blues guy that fairly rips on the guitar though. Good times...
BB King. That was Sunday. Public Enemy opened Sat., and left before playing a song as a protest to the MLK Holiday thing.

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
skinny-tire said:
BB King. That was Sunday. Public Enemy opened Sat., and left before playing a song as a protest to the MLK Holiday thing.
B.B King..for some reason I wanted to say Otis Guy, but I think he is a bike builder. Later that year I went and saw Howard Jones for some reason at Mesa Amp. that was lame..also went to I think the first Lalapalloza somewhere in that time frame...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.