Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learnt the sad news that Norman Vaughan passed away on the 23rd December.
I was given one of his books to read this year and hoped to be able to meet this unusual 100 year old man on my next trip to Alaska.Whatever you may of thought of Norman you cant deny his motto "Dream big and dare to fail"

God speed Norman......i propose a toast to Norman Vaughan.

·
Registered
979 Posts
yes a toast !

may we all be brave enough to "Dream Big and Dare to Fail "

carlhutch said:
I just learnt the sad news that Norman Vaughan passed away on the 23rd December.
I was given one of his books to read this year and hoped to be able to meet this unusual 100 year old man on my next trip to Alaska.Whatever you may of thought of Norman you cant deny his motto "Dream big and dare to fail"

God speed Norman......i propose a toast to Norman Vaughan.

·
FatBike Fiend
974 Posts
Legends can never die.

Sad to hear the news, I had the pleasure of talking with Norman last year. He was still very sharp and was very interested in our new bikes and the Ultrasport race. He was with Admiral Byrd in Antarctica back in the 20's. You just don't meet people like that any more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A legend

I never spoke to the man, but I sure knew who he was when I saw him walking around at the Iditarod restart back in 1995. It was one of those "WOW, look who that is!" moments I'll always remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts