Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or any others who ride motorcycles. I have not owned a road bike for atleast 5 years now. However narrowing my choices down from insurance and budget reasons. I was thinking on this bike as a main choice so far. Sean, this is the shadow i told you about. Do you think it will be ok for my daily work commute, or should i go for the "bigger engine" model. For the 1100 cc bike, it is like 3.000 bucks more. and if i can afford the finance. here are the specs.
Engine Type 745cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin

Bore and Stroke 79.0mm x 76.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1

Valve Train SOHC; three valves per cylinder

Carburetion Two 34mm diaphragm-type CV

Ignition CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed

Final Drive O-ring-sealed chain

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41mm fork; 5.1-inch travel

Rear Suspension Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.2-inch travel

Front Brake Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper

Rear Brake Drum

Front Tire 110/80-19

Rear Tire 160/80-15
DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase 64.8 inches

Seat Height 26.6 inches

Dry Weight 496.0 pounds

Fuel Capacity 3.6 gallons, including 1.3-gallon reserve

and a pic

Attachments

·
Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
380 Posts
Uh?

Uh.....Where do you put the bike rack?

Yeah.....the tail will be chasing you!

BTW, that horsefly that bit me turned out to be a bee. He was stuck to my skin under my jersey when I got home today. I must have smashed him when he stung me.

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also i have found

This bike has great reviews in it's catagory. However there is no site like mtbr for motorcycles i can find. Plenty of owner/club webpages though. This bike is also fully customizable. There is alot of aftermarket parts available. I can add some drag pipes and air kit to it to get some more horsepower for about 5 hundred bucks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You and your shadow

I think that'd be a great ride for 'round Vegas. There was a used Shadow in a car lot I was looking at for a few months last year, but I'm more of a dirt rider and will remain that way for a while at least. What other bikes were on your short list?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.