Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my fellow Mtn bikers. I bought my Santa Cruz Blur, Rock Shox Pike, wheels, tires, all sorts of hings through Ebay. Got some good deals too. Well I bought a laptop computer from Gateway, then my old broken computer suddenly started to work again. I decided to sell the laptop on Ebay to ry to recoup most of my costs. The computer cost $1838 with all the warranties. You can check out my auction here:

(Just enter that into the entry box on E*bay and the auction will show up.)

Well, I had someone send the Buy It Now price to me via PayPal yesterday. The funds showed up in my account no problem. Last night I transferred the funds to my checking account. I shipped off the package at 4:55 today. At 5:25 I got an email from Ebay saying that the funds I tried to transfer were being withheld due to the possibility of the funds being "unauthorized". So they took back the funds I had tried to transfer. AHHHHH CRAP! I JUST sent the thing out. Well, to make a very long story short, I spent three hours driving around and chasing down UPS drivers, and eventually I got my package back. Now the good part. The Address the guy sent me was this:

Michael Mainzer
253 W. 18th St.
New York, NY 10011

In retrospect the warning signs were there, The account only exsisted for three days, the username (GinaWilson014) didn't match the shipping address, etc. BUT I figured that I already had the funds via PayPal, so I wasn't worried.

Well, what I want to know is what kind of neighborhood is this? Might this be the guys actual address? Any chance I can go there and *bend* his knees for him? Or turn it over to the cops? Anyone have any luck prosecuting this kind of guy? Thanks, I welcome grusome ways of seeking revenge too. I remember reading once about a guy who made the thief pay some sort of fees to pick up what he *thought* was a laptop but turned out to be a phone book or something. Anyone remember that? I though it took place in Europe. Thanks to my mountain bikking community, you guys (and girls) are the best...

Dan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.