Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
no carbon MTB this year although the ultralight Scott Scale frame is the lightest but as stated many times such a bike will become heavier than by using the "old" scandium frames because of several parts that you need to use (cables,seatpost,f-derailleur...)

nevertheless - i still have a new 05 Scott Limited in my stable:
my new custom built 2005 CR1 Limited tips the scales at under 12 lbs. not bad considering the fact it still uses clincher wheels/tires. a nice tubular wheelset with tubular tires easily will bring it sub 5 kilos. as shown below it weighs 100g more as in the listing because of the CR420 wheels but they look cool...

my climbing speed went up 2 km/h (16 km/h instead of 14 on a climb) compared to my winterbike i used over the past months with the same wheels. i will have to check my position on the winterbike once again but if there's no difference it's the 2 kilos less weight that make for all the difference...

detailed specs here:
http://light-bikes.com/bikegallery/BikeListing.asp?id=558

Model: 05 Scott CR1 Limited "custom"

Bar Tape: Cinelli Cork 27
Bottle Cage: Tune Wassertraeger 7
Bottle Cage Bolts: 2 Aluminium 2
Bottom Bracket: Scandium ISIS (tuned) 105
Brake Levers: Campagnolo Record Ergopower (B-T-P Clamp) 326
Rear Brakes: Zero-Gravity (with shaved Kool Stop MTB pads) 177
Front Brakes: Zero Gravity (weight included above) 0
Cables: Tune Plastic housing,Jagwire wires 78
Cassette: Recon Aluminium 12-23 (incl. 4g Al-Lockring) 105
Chain: KMC X 10 SL 227
Crankset: 0
--Arms: Storck Powerarms Pro (172,5, ISIS,130mm) 313
--Crank Bolts: Scandium 27
--Ring bolts: FRM Aluminium 9
--Outer Ring: Specialite TA H�goa, 51 68
--Inner Ring: Specialite TA H�goa 38 25
Derlr (Front) Campagnolo Record Carbon (braze-on,Al-bolts) 66
Derlr (Rear) Campagnolo Record Titanium 10s 188
Fork: Look HSC 5 SL (220mm steerer) 278
Frame: 05 Scott CR1 Limited (Size M/54cm) 878
Handlebar: Schmolke carbon (40cm, reinforced for use with aero-bars) 169
Headset: FSA (semi integrated, no lower race needed on Look fork) 75
Headset Cap/Bolt: Extralite Expander plug, cap+bolt 17
Headset Spacer: Carbon 20mm 6
Pedals: Speedplay X-1 (tuned with B-T-P Al-plates) 132
Quick Releases: Heylight Aluminium TT Axles, shortened 20
Seat Binder: Extralite Ultra Clamp 12
Seat: Tune Concorde 45
Seatpost: New Ultimate 27,2/250=93g + USE adapter shim 31.6/65mm=17g 110
Shifters: Campagnolo Record Ergopower (weight see brakelevers) 0
Stem: Syntace f-99 (120mm, Ti-bolts) 102
Tire (Front) Continental Supersonic (700x20) 140
Tire (Rear): Continental Supersonic (700x20) 140
Tubes: Continental Supersonic 98
Wheelset (Front): 0
Wheelset (Rear): 0
Wheelset: custom FRM carbon / Amclassic CR350 1292
Misc Option: Ritchey WCS Rimtape 10

TOTAL: 5274 grams / 11.63 lbs

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bike_freak said:
Awesome stuff! Yet again:)

What ever happened to the 'old' roadie?
i was able to sell my 04 CR1 frameset in november at a good price. that's why i had to build myself that "winterbike", a hybrid cyclocross-MTB-roadbike. it served my all winter long as a MTB when there was snow and ice and mud and lately i used it on the road too while waiting for the 05 frameset.

parts used are most the same than last year already.only mimimal changes to last years setup:
http://light-bikes.com/bikegallery/BikeListing.asp?id=285

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
caballero said:
awesome build man - i love it

as for the saddle, where are they available ? and are they ok for mtb use ? or is their a slightly heavier/beefier mtb version ?

-Cab
that's the Tune concorde. NO MTB for this paperweight saddle! it's th3e most comfortable saddle i ever threw a leg over. the shell is even flexier than that of the AX-Lightness saddles. seems strange at first and i had to adjust saddle height a bit because it would flex to a big degree when sitting on it.
there's many online stores in europe selling it...starbike.com comes to my mind.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
caballero said:
awesome build man - i love it

as for the saddle, where are they available ? and are they ok for mtb use ? or is their a slightly heavier/beefier mtb version ?

-Cab
that's the Tune concorde. NO MTB for this paperweight saddle! it's th3e most comfortable saddle i ever threw a leg over. the shell is even flexier than that of the AX-Lightness saddles. seems strange at first and i had to adjust saddle height a bit because it would flex to a big degree when sitting on it.
there's many online stores in europe selling it...starbike.com comes to my mind.

pictures below are from a pre-production saddle i got last year. one of the very few saddles that weighed sub 40g. well - it didn't last too long. the actual production version weighs 45g.

Attachments

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Nice. But I don't get why you'd put bar tape on the flats and not on the drops. If it were my bike, I would place the bar tape on the drops since you apply more pressure to your hands when in the drops.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
i was able to sell my 04 CR1 frameset in november at a good price. that's why i had to build myself that "winterbike", a hybrid cyclocross-MTB-roadbike. it served my all winter long as a MTB when there was snow and ice and mud and lately i used it on the road too while waiting for the 05 frameset.
Sorry if this is a bumb question, but..

What is different about the 2005 frame compared to the 2004?

·
Registered
72 Posts
nice!!! one problem is, how do you take a bike like that into town? if someone stole the seatpost assembly alone you would be down several hundred dollars...

maybe you should add the weight of a hefty lock to your estimate!

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Frankie - B said:
Ni Nino, Very nice bike indeed. But please take off the stickers from the wheelset. to make it more easy on the eyes...
i know, i know.... the lettering all over the bike is what i also don't like too much but since i want to sell the wheels per end of the year i might have to leave it as is. but i already tried with photoshop how it would look like (see below) and the 2nd wheelset i have with FRM hubs has the tiny CR350 rims without letters. anyway - i don't get it why some product designers plaster parts all over with logos. the Look fork had 3 different style of letters all over the place, some even in red! i already covered some of those letters with fake carbon tape.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
carbon look...

Trevor! said:
Nice. But I don't get why you'd put bar tape on the flats and not on the drops. If it were my bike, I would place the bar tape on the drops since you apply more pressure to your hands when in the drops.
it's mainly because of the nice look of the Schmolke carbon handlebars. i don't ride that much on the drops and since i have good gloves i don't need the cushion. the Schmilke bar itself is very shock-absorbing too so no problems there. and i cover the top since riding on the hoods is what is done most and while climbing i want the grip on the upper bar. but if it were just a plain black handlebar it would be covered everywhere for sure;)

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bike_freak said:
Sorry if this is a bumb question, but..

What is different about the 2005 frame compared to the 2004?
the decals?

no, honestly, i cant' tell much difference other than the outer carbon weave now is kind of fancy+disco-like (i prefer the "real" stuff though) and the rear dropout now is also slightly different than last year. weight is still the same.

·
espresso lover
137 Posts
nino said:
i know, i know.... the lettering all over the bike is what i also don't like too much but since i want to sell the wheels per end of the year i might have to leave it as is. but i already tried with photoshop how it would look like (see below) and the 2nd wheelset i have with FRM hubs has the tiny CR350 rims without letters. anyway - i don't get it why some product designers plaster parts all over with logos. the Look fork had 3 different style of letters all over the place, some even in red! i already covered some of those letters with fake carbon tape.#
NOW THAT IS LOOKING GOOD

#And adding weight to the bike? are you ill?

Keep up the good work Nino

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
by the way...

Frankie - B said:
NOW THAT IS LOOKING GOOD

#And adding weight to the bike? are you ill?

Keep up the good work Nino
hey Frankie - maybe Florian should have a look at one of my replies above, don't you think? he never got back to me. what a behaviour is that? strange guys over there....

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
nino said:
it's mainly because of the nice look of the Schmolke carbon handlebars. i don't ride that much on the drops and since i have good gloves i don't need the cushion. the Schmilke bar itself is very shock-absorbing too so no problems there. and i cover the top since riding on the hoods is what is done most and while climbing i want the grip on the upper bar. but if it were just a plain black handlebar it would be covered everywhere for sure;)
Fair enough. I never looked at it from that point of view. Makes sense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.