Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made this thread ages ago.. and it has long since died out... but it ended up being a good one. MTB'ers seem to have cool dogs.

Rudy: 15 years old, and starting to slow down after a destroyed ACL

Enter Oliver my new puppy.

Oliver chewing up my old riding shoe.

Oliver bugging Rudy

Oliver is now 150lbs. Here he is sitting on my girlfriend at just over 1 year old.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
lush dogs people, well going to post my mut some time (he's a collie cross springer plus a bit of whipet so he's completely mad!)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Photobucket This is Toby the 4 yr yellow lab. like's following me on light trail riding and surf the wave's at the local dog beach park. Also like's wacthing me drink beer will i look at my DH bike in the garage :) huh yeah he like's duck's !

·
Registered
875 Posts
ryan_daugherty said:
I made this thread ages ago.. and it has long since died out... but it ended up being a good one. MTB'ers seem to have cool dogs.

Rudy: 15 years old, and starting to slow down after a destroyed ACL
Rudy reminds me quite a bit of Shadow from the Homeward Bound movies.

I'll post up some pics of my fur turds when I get home.
Work firewall > photobucket

·
Ahahaha
480 Posts
OLIVER WAS SOOO CUTE
haha

i want another dog, my other dog passed away 2 years ago this month, but its kinda hard because my house is smaller then the one i used to live in.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have two fur turds.

1. Beau my 6 1/2 year old Bluetick coonhound, he is really mellow acts like he is baked 24/7

2. Lily my 1 1/2 year old maltipoo, she was not wanted by me, my wife wanted one so we got her. She is actually a really great dog, she will run next to me when I trail ride, jumps into lakes and streams to swin, she acts like my yellow lab I had when I was a kid.

Some rough housing going on here. Carpet is getting ripped up don't worry. We just moved in.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
So any advice from you dog MTB'ers on training them to stick with you on trail rides? I'd love to get my puppy used to riding. We've been cruising around with him on a long leash for bike path rides, which he digs, but definitely a big step to go up to off-leash trails. Won't be for another year probably but curious to hear how you've trained them to not go flying off into the woods, etc.

Of course would only do this where it's legal/OK with the trail rules.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I started riding with my dog when he was a month old. Very slowly at first an not very far. He just learned on his own and developed an instict for keeping out of the way . When I ride with him he is always off in the woods and what not, but always catches back up. We worked on the basics like heel and come off of the bike and thoes commands transfered over to riding.

·
Gangbusters
912 Posts
twouareks said:
Yeti (black and white) is a blue healer mutt, Zocchi is a red healer-pointer mix. They're pretty much my life.
very cool picture (and dogs) you can see a different personality in each one! My fiance wants another border collie so bad!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice doggies all!

I love my dogs. My best friends, Bosi the bulldog X is 11 and Euki the bulldog is 17 weeks. Bo is over coming on rides, Euki is getting pumped for them!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 80 Posts