Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently reformatted my drive and started with a fresh system. I've got my SW installed and everything is more or less back to normal.

However, I use Firefox and for some reason I can't get hybrid view to work for displaying messages. Whenever I click on the display modes link I just get sent to the first message in the thread but no options at all. if I go back to IE everything works.

Any Firefox users or other more computer literate peeps know what I should be looking for? I like the hybrid view but prefer to use Firefox so I"m not sure what to do.....

thanks

YR

·
another day at the office
1,197 Posts
viewing threads no problem

Sorry, not much help here. I am using Firefox 1.0.2 on Windows XP and do not have any issues with displaying the website or message boards.

mtbr.com is works best on IE, but I prefer alternative browsers. Netscape and Firefox work for me. Opera wasn't very friendly.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
There were some issues with Safari users but that was due to a software issue on MTBR servers. There is a thread already in general re Firefox, post in there, you'll not doubt get some responses.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I use FireFox (XP) at home. and use the hybrid mode. I did set up my account under Exploder, may go to the dark side just long enough to configure your MTBR account then try accessing the site with FireFox.

·
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to do that

brianc said:
I use FireFox (XP) at home. and use the hybrid mode. I did set up my account under Exploder, may go to the dark side just long enough to configure your MTBR account then try accessing the site with FireFox.
but it didn't seem to work. It's just one of those weird things becaue before I reformatted my HD, Firefox worked just fine. It's got to be setting somewhere that I'm just missing.

HOpefully I'll figure it out or somebody will have an answer. I'll post under the thred in General though. thanks for the heads up on that one.

YR

·
another day at the office
1,197 Posts
Have you tried removing Firefox and then reinstalling the browser?

Maybe you are missing some extension or plugin. Below are a list of extensions and plugins I use in Firefox.

Extensions (enabled: 10, disabled: 0)

* Linky 2.4.0
* ConQuery 1.5.2
* Auto Copy 0.5.2
* DictionarySearch 0.7
* Adblock 0.5.2.039
* vbrowseit 1.0
* InfoLister 0.8.2
* Smiley Xtra 3.0.1
* Tabbrowser Preferences 1.1.1
* Sage 1.3.1

Themes (1)

* Firefox (default) 2.0 [selected]

Plugins (9)

* Mozilla Default Plug-in
* QuickTime Plug-in 6.5.1
* Adobe Acrobat
* Adobe ESD Manager Plugin
* Shockwave Flash
* Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 2
* Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
* Microsoft (R) DRM
* Microsoft® Windows Media Services

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Do you have Java/Java Script enabled?

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Just in case,

Are you actually in a specific thread when you try this rather than on the thread listing page. You can't see hybrid options from the main listing.

And like loco said, it won't work without javascript under tools-options-web features.

·
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that may be it

Locoman said:
Do you have Java/Java Script enabled?
i'll be trying it in a few. Since I did a brand spanking new fresh install of everything, it's very possible that the plug ins I was using have not been updated just yet. I'll try it out and let you know.

thanks for the advice.

YR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts