Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
dcubed
1,080 Posts
jrm said:
its doc about big wave riding. Theres a segment about mavs. If you havent seen it its cool..
That film mesmorizes me. I grew up surfing in northern CA, (Crescent City) I remember when the Noll's opened a shop up there and Rhyn would help us out. (Lots of Greg Noll in the film)

Believe it or not, moving to southern CA ruined surfing for me. JUst wasnt the shark infested, cold water, sea-lion dodging in the salmon spawned food chain surfing I loved.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Moving to nor cal..

desmo13 said:
That film mesmorizes me. I grew up surfing in northern CA, (Crescent City) I remember when the Noll's opened a shop up there and Rhyn would help us out. (Lots of Greg Noll in the film)

Believe it or not, moving to southern CA ruined surfing for me. JUst wasnt the shark infested, cold water, sea-lion dodging in the salmon spawned food chain surfing I loved.
did it for me..shark infested waters,,,colder then heck. When i viist the rents in so cal i usually try to get in the water. But man so cals such a clusterfock..

·
screamer
1,385 Posts
If you have a chance, make sure to see the movie "100-Foot Wednesday" that they mentioned in the article. A little rough in a sort of home-made way (which actually adds to it), but the footage is just awesome.

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,463 Posts
Definitely an interesting article, but I was confused about how something that happened years ago is just now being put as a front page article for the Comical?

Today's front page about Newsom having an affair seems much more timely... (well, then again, the affair was also a few years ago...). Maybe a real timely thing would be a video of Newsom having sex last night? Or maybe not...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.