Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW YORK - A public school teacher was arrested today at John F Kennedy International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, a slide rule, and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement. He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-gebra is a problem for us," Gonzalez said.
"They desire solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute value. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns,' but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval, with coordinates in every country.

As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, 'There are 3 sides to every triangle.'

'When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God had wanted us to have better Weapons of Math Instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes."

White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the president.

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Hey, I find it lame too. OTOH, the nerd in me finds it pretty funny.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You can sniff all your math all you want just don't forget it doesn't go well along with alcohol, so: Don't drink and derive.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
george_da_trog said:
Sorry Dan, I teach math and I think that one is lame.

george
Sorry, George, I ride mountain bikes and I think you're lame.

:thumbsup:

fp

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Stalk said:
......... so: Don't drink and derive.
LOL

I came home with enough built up road rage ready to tear off heads.

All gone now...thanks, guys.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Finch Platte said:
Sorry, George, I ride mountain bikes and I think you're lame.

:thumbsup: fp
Go easy on George. He has issues with da man.

The photo is him, in the green, being busted at the Sea Otter camp ground a few years ago.

Ok...not really busted just being harrassed.

Attachments

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
velocipus said:
Good stuff... you get that from the Onion.
Not sure where my dad got that from but I got it from him in an email.

My mom's a tenured university math and computer science teacher and she thought it was funny.

Anyway, after too many park meetings in the last week I thought I'd break the mood a bit.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Thanks, Dan. "lol" gets over used on the internet, but I sure laughed loudly when I read that this morning, and everyone I've shared it with has managed at least a snicker or better.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Not math, but...

What do you call 6.022x10^23 avacados....

A guaca-mole :bluefrown:

I know, pretty bad, but I always get a kick out of that one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts