Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this is about the weirdest question, but does anyone know where I could find a 14"x8" -ish strip of Louis Vuitton Vinyl fabric or replica in the area, or anyone by chance happen to have a strip (highly unlikely). I need to recover my seat on my bike due to tears and what-not, and I figured it would be cool to do it in this pattern in White/Silver, Brown/Gold, or Black/Gold. The cheapest that I could find was by square yardage at $68 a yard!!

For those that are thinking wtf is Louis Vuitton, he is a name brand Fashion Designer over in Paris.

Here is an example of what I am looking for:

Louis Vuitton Brown

Louis Vuitton Black

· Registered
527 Posts
that stuff could be harder to find then you think. I work for an audio shop in scottsdale and we had a guy that wanted his G-Wagon to have a couple of inserts in the door covered with some fancy pattern like what you described, that he had seen on some sheets in the store. We took the panels off and sent them to the trim shop and a week later they delivered them and we thought it was classy to do so with the white gloves they had on but they said that it was too keep from turning the material yellow from the oil on our skin. We of course thought it was silly then to put them on parts of the arm rest specifially but, who are we do judge. They then told us that they had to order a single bed sized sheet to do the few panels that they had, and that cost $5k............. yup $5k....... You can only imagine that 5 mins later all 4 of the installers were stairing at those pieces, and just dreaming of touching it.......

you will probably be better picking up a knock of purse.......

· Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
God Damn that **** is expensive. I may have to just look out for some knock off of it or do something different. I thought of either a bandana/tablecloth pattern, or straight white w/ or w/o signatures of all the people I race w/ on it.

· Registered
389 Posts
go for a knock off purse

if that's your style, i'd go for a knock off purse....just ask any asu girl where to find an el cheapo and tear that thing apart. my brother bought a fakie for his girlfriend (she knew she was getting a fakie) in ny for around $30 (tote = more fabric).

· Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh...to late. I actually went on Friday night and just got a big ass piece of Brown Vinyl. I think it'll look better because it will be a little more subtle, and looks like leather. It is fairly grippy too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.