Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Ride Everything
2,913 Posts
The Gravitys have a "firmer" feel than the O'tangs. Still very smooth and grippy, but they feel more "precise." They'll drift more predictably, too (due to the edge profiles).

·
Don't believe the Hype...
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
BIGHORN LEW said:
hey lucky-b. i saw that evo on the list also. i noticed today it was gone. thats slick you scored it for 100 bills. $ 120 was a good price allready! yeah keep spreading the stoke in your neighborhood. the general public still thinks the longskates are regular skateboards. i run into people i know, who say they thought i was a punk untill they figured out it was me riding. they think i'm losing it at my age, but we know how fun it is to longboard don't we :D
Yeah, dude needed rent money, so I lucked out. It's scuffed on the bottom but no real damage. I jumped all over it at that price.

·
Ride Everything
2,913 Posts
luckybastard said:
It came with the Randel II 180 and some Gumballs.
If it has 50-deg bases front and rear, de-wedge* the front one so that the geometry is more "balanced."

De-wedge means you install a wedge riser with the fat end facing forward.

·
Registered
837 Posts
gratzi, mile high. you spoke to lucky-b about wedging to change the turning characteristics of his randal truks. the ? is when a baseplate is defined as a 50 degree or other, does a higher degree number make the truk turn quicker, for carving, or slower for the down-spill, i mean, down hill stability? thanx again! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
BIGHORN LEW said:
the general public still thinks the longskates are regular skateboards. i run into people i know, who say they thought i was a punk untill they figured out it was me riding. they think i'm losing it at my age, but we know how fun it is to longboard don't we :D
Ya, I'm like Lucky -- I ride with the dog....people ask me if it's a skateboard, I tell them skateboards are for kids.

·
Ride Everything
2,913 Posts
BIGHORN LEW said:
gratzi, mile high. you spoke to lucky-b about wedging to change the turning characteristics of his randal truks. the ? is when a baseplate is defined as a 50 degree or other, does a higher degree number make the truk turn quicker, for carving, or slower for the down-spill, i mean, down hill stability? thanx again! :)
Generally, the bigger the # (on the baseplate, for example), the quicker it will turn. At some point, however, the truck will just get "floppy." An Evo has a nose wedge of 17 degrees, so when you mount a 50-deg truck, you end up with a 67-deg truck. This makes for an extremely floppy truck, which is why it's good to de-wedge them, or better still, run a 42-deg or 35-deg baseplate. The Evo's tail has a negative 17-deg wedge (aka, de-wedge), so the 50-deg baseplate actually works fine (in back).

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
GodMadeDirt said:
Ya, I'm like Lucky -- I ride with the dog....people ask me if it's a skateboard, I tell them skateboards are for kids.
na at 32 I can still ride a skateboard very good and have a nice bag of tricks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
clockwork said:
na at 32 I can still ride a skateboard very good and have a nice bag of tricks.
No doubt. I didn't mean to come across like that. I think it is more of a preloaded reply I have for people. No hard feelings....

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
NP and none taken

·
Don't believe the Hype...
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hey Mark - I think I'm going to buy my 12 year old son a LB for Xmas. He's 5'1 115ish...I saw some videos on youtube of the Loaded Fish. It looks like it would be pretty good for him. Something that he can crooze and carve on but still try some tricks. Is there anything out there similar?

·
Ride Everything
2,913 Posts
luckybastard said:
Hey Mark - I think I'm going to buy my 12 year old son a LB for Xmas. He's 5'1 115ish...I saw some videos on youtube of the Loaded Fish. It looks like it would be pretty good for him. Something that he can crooze and carve on but still try some tricks. Is there anything out there similar?
The Fish has been discontinued, and replaced with the Ceviche. Basically you're looking for something light, short-ish, and flexy. Check out the Gravity completes;
http://www.milehighskates.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=28&page=1&sort=4a

·
psycho cyclo addict
2,973 Posts
I've had a BMW StreetCarver since 2001. It remains totally awesome...

94884285_10222227343421480_2726248542883545088_n.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you think is one of the most significant parts of skateboarding? It’s the wheels. These allow you to roll in the street and parks in whatever acceleration you desire.

On the other hand, you must choose wheels that are appropriate for your skateboard and the place where you will ride. Also, they must complement your riding level.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts