Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You'd think the Cactus on the plate or the "Grand Canyon State" and the big SCOTTSDALE on the frame would give a hint that I have an AZ plate ..... Just another revenue generator and probable cause to pull you over. bleh.

Attachments

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
ugly ad plate holders, who needs them?
your car looks will improve w/o them.

"how about gas mileage, will that also improve?"
"yes, yes it will." :rolleyes:

·
No Clue Crew
7,706 Posts
Officers need reasonable suspicion -- not probable cause -- to make a traffic stop.

With so many different plates, plate covers, other states that look similar and add in darkness, you can possibly see the concern.

Regardless, why continue give free ad space to the company that sold you a car?

·
Wait, what!?
742 Posts
I worry that I might pull my [stolen] Scottsdale Ferrari frame off sometime soon as well. It will be a sad, sad day. Although the thought has crossed my mind, that if I do get pulled over for that reason, they will see that I have a perfect driving record and let me off with only a warning. I like my unique license plate frame, and want to show it off as long as I can!

Wishful thinking I guess....

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Blatant said:
Officers need reasonable suspicion -- not probable cause -- to make a traffic stop.

With so many different plates, plate covers, other states that look similar and add in darkness, you can possibly see the concern.

thanks Blatant that is good info. I do agree that the officers et al are in a more challenging position due to all you mentioned. It just torques me that something that was good enough for years *all of a sudden* is an issue that can cost me a nice chunk, and make me get off my lazy @$$ and grab a screwdriver, when I have the normal old default AZ plate and it would take a total retard not to know I'm from AZ. Just another example of the government putting itself and its needs before those of the citizens - getting their money on both ends.

PS: Bike-related content: National tomorrow 3pm if anyone wants to join.

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
How about......" I live in the state with the big HOLE".....heck......it's at least competitive with the state I used to live in which just blew another chance at a national title against FL by stating on it's plates, "OK is OK"......how's that for obvious??????

·
Banned
7,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've read that a large part of it is the photo speed cameras. At night everything washes out except the writing in green which is the word Arizona and the numbers. They don't issue out of state tickets so they have to validate it's an Arizona plate..

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
Its already registered in Cali as that's my perm. address. Excelllleeennt.

I had fun with it when I had dealer plates, Im sure there are a number of photos circulating around with the same silver taco and some dip s h i t with his thumbs up smiling.

Don't want to push what little luck I have already.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Blatant said:

I can't believe you are in support of this. I have perfect vision and have made many attempts to decifer the word "Arizona" at the top of the current license plate. It is impossible to read in plain daylight from more than 10 feet away. The colors of the letters blend into the background of the AZ Sunset sillouette. If this was so important, why did they not make the letters a contrasting color? I smell another form of taxation.

·
No Clue Crew
7,706 Posts
How exactly did you gather I was "in support" of this law based on what I wrote?

I simply provided an explanation. Nothing more.

I would add, however, that when your car gets stolen, you'd probably like the cops to be able to read the plate when we see it on the street. As always, police don't make the laws. And it's still our discretion whether to enforce petty stuff like this. I guess I don't see what the big deal is.
d

·
Wait, what!?
742 Posts
Phillbo said:
They don't issue out of state tickets so they have to validate it's an Arizona plate..
A girl friend of mine (a friends that is a girl) from Long Beach got caught speeding out in Buckeye while driving out for the weekend about a month ago. She got the ticket in the mail pretty quick, and had to pay 185 bucks I think. Just something to keep in mind.

Also, I would love to have a dealer plate again. Used to work for Ford and could grab one whenever really, haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.