Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that it's time for real racing again...

Roczen is riding good, getting that 2016 feeling but not sure he can fend off Tomac in the long run.

Watch for Barcia to gain momentum later in the season if he can hold it together, more of a top 5 ride than where he's floating.

NBC gold is working good, all motos/replays. Don't care for the new timing and scoring in the live feed.

G

·
I just watched the Thunder Valley National...damn, Tomac has the speed. Too bad he’s not consistent, like Roczen...this should be a great battle.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
I miss SX. The tv coverage is garbage if you don't have NBC Gold. I've seen bits and pieces of the racing but its kind of a hassle trying to find the broadcast and on top of that all we get is the second moto.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
I have mav tv for the 1st motos and nbcsports for the 2nd but still have to look up the airing info for each race so that i record them correctly. Its seems like nbc sports really wants you pay up even if you have coverage in a tv package. BS. Sand courses are fun to watch. Combined with the heat there was a little bit of everything. Cooper basically collapsing on the podium was kind of hard to watch having been there myself. Southwicks next..

·
Registered
371 Posts
$59.99 for SX/MX is an absolute bargain. You are paying to not have to deal with all that recording and cable BS, and (almost) no commercials. Full replays almost right away as well. It's the best coverage and availability of dirtbike racing on TV that has ever been available and I 100% am going to take advantage of that.

$60 is less money than a good MTB tire, a fresh pair of New Balance, a nice LEGO set, A good bottle of booze, or an order from the weed delivery folks. Just pull the trigger.

G

·
Southwick is one rough track...reminds me of racing at E Street, in Marysville...minus the concrete chunks and rebar in the track :eekster: Great racing in both classes. Nice to see Zack Osborne take a moto win...too bad Tomac couldn't get by Marvin. Odd to hear Roczen suffering from arm pump, both motos :madman:

G

·
Millville was a mess for the fist moto’s. I’m not really a Cooper Webb fan but, that guy was on the gas! He doesn’t give up either...like some other unnamed hard charger.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
If anybody knows when the race will air, please post up the times.

I haven't seen any information on a follow up airing.

At least on DirecTV, the air times were messed up.
Rain delay started 45 minutes late. I caught the 1st 250 and half of the 1st moto of 450.

Then the 10:00 and 11:00 pm broadcast was still showing car racing. I have my DVR configured to run 30 minutes extra on live events and I was lucky enough to pick up the beginning of the midnight airing of the 250 moto 2 that started around midnight.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
same here. pissed me off.... im convinced that NBCSN did that on purpose in order to build demand for the PPV. And on their web site you cant even view the past events w/o PPV. So FU NBCSN. ill try the dailymotion option or start looking for feeds on reddit...pi

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.