Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a iriver iHP 120 player. I have down loaded musicmatch but it claims to not support this player. Does it have to support the player in order to send file formats that are common to either?

I know theres people out here that have this player. i just need to know what software supports the player. Im looking to avoid loading all my CDs on to the PC HD only to not be able to transfer it to the player because the software to do so doenst support the player the files are going to or the format of those files. Thanks...

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
jrm said:
I have a iriver iHP 120 player. I have down loaded musicmatch but it claims to not support this player. Does it have to support the player in order to send file formats that are common to either?

I know theres people out here that have this player. i just need to know what software supports the player. Im looking to avoid loading all my CDs on to the PC HD only to not be able to transfer it to the player because the software to do so doenst support the player the files are going to or the format of those files. Thanks...
I have the same player. Im using win98se though and I just open the player the drive is (e on my pc) and copy and paste the files
When I had my cus' ipod I went and found this sweet software called ephpod. It worked great for that since at the time nothing really worked with Windows, but sadly it wont work with the ihp120.

I dont see why you shouldnt be able to copy the cd to the HD then copy and paste to the ihp120.

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
SuperNewb said:
I have the same player. Im using win98se though and I just open the player the drive is (e on my pc) and copy and paste the files
When I had my cus' ipod I went and found this sweet software called ephpod. It worked great for that since at the time nothing really worked with Windows, but sadly it wont work with the ihp120.

I dont see why you shouldnt be able to copy the cd to the HD then copy and paste to the ihp120.
I just tried musicmatch and couldnt get it to recongize the player either. You think they would be able to work with any major company like that.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok

SuperNewb said:

Where are changing the format ofthe audio file betwen copying the CD to your HD and then copying and pasting to the iHP player? Thanks...

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
I use 2 diff programs... easy cd da extractor ( worked great but not doesnt work for some reason..) and cd to mp3 wav maker with only has a 30 day trial that only does 30 files...but the stupid thing crashes when its done which is a good thing cause the 30 times thing doesnt run out :p and only a few songs it screwed on me so far only cause I was running a few programs at once and my pc slooowed down. Thats what I blame the screwed up mp3's on anyways. Oh cd to mp3 also makes ogg files. Which Im thinking of transfering all my mp3's to..maybe.

Then all I do is copy and paste the files to the main folder in the player. Then in the screen that shows the hard disks and such I right click on the player and pick DB updater. Few seconds later its good to go.

I also use winamp for playback since media player on my pc is screwed beyond belief ( plays a lil fast and I cant make it play normal which is driving me insane!)

·
I like Squishy Bikes
1,101 Posts
iRiver

My neighbor bought an iRiver iFP 100...I spent hours trying to get it to work with my PC.
The problem was getting my PC to recognize the iRiver.
I think the iRiver software is total crap :D I even had to read the darned instructioins.
Once I got the software to work, I just clicked and dragged my mp3's.

If you have XP you can use the media player to rip MP3's.
http://www.updatexp.com/mp3-cd-ripper.html

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I totally agree

Hollis said:
My neighbor bought an iRiver iFP 100...I spent hours trying to get it to work with my PC.
The problem was getting my PC to recognize the iRiver.
I think the iRiver software is total crap :D I even had to read the darned instructioins.
Once I got the software to work, I just clicked and dragged my mp3's.

If you have XP you can use the media player to rip MP3's.
http://www.updatexp.com/mp3-cd-ripper.html
Im waiting on an new computer tower with the XP home OS. So your saying i can just use windows media player 9.0 or what ever the latest is? Thats would be cool. I just hope i can still use realplayer for my audio streams. Which i dont think is a problem.

I loaded the H120 manager firmware and drivers from the install disc but dont even know if its installed. i went to open it and nothing happened. I installed the drivers and windows2K found better drivers on my HD and installed them instead. I got around to dragging some to stuff to the player but havent tried to listen to it yet.

Last night i found NEW firmware on the iriver site. But now i have to uninstall the H129 manager firmware in order to install the new stuff. Man talk about a learning curve.

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
Reading the instructions is always a good thing, installing the software even better ;)
If you get the newer software for it too it'll install some other program to work with your pc so when you turn on your pc then plug in the player it'll recognize it and open it and pop up the main directory on your screen. At least thats what happens when I plug it in on mine.

I had ver 1.30 for the firmware when I got mine new and it worked fine with my pc but of course I got the newer one 1.40u since it fixed some problems and added some things.

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
jrm said:

I have that player. Check out www.misticriver.net for good info. To sum up:
1. If you have music in a suitable format, and don;t use the database (DB) feature, just drag and drop.
2. If you need to get the music in a suitable format, i suggest foobar2000, there is a ton of info at www.hydrogenaudio.com (or something like that)
3. If you want to use DB, the iriver software is crap, I use Ihptool.exe. google that.

the player is a great value, but you have to be pretty comfortable with computers and software. not for all people out there.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here is what ive found

SuperNewb said:
Reading the instructions is always a good thing, installing the software even better ;)
If you get the newer software for it too it'll install some other program to work with your pc so when you turn on your pc then plug in the player it'll recognize it and open it and pop up the main directory on your screen. At least thats what happens when I plug it in on mine.

I had ver 1.30 for the firmware when I got mine new and it worked fine with my pc but of course I got the newer one 1.40u since it fixed some problems and added some things.
I musta read those directions a bunch of times. my confusion was based on the difference between the steps i took and those the outlined in the instructions. From what ive fread this will replace the default software.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/support/H100.aspx

Is the windows IDing the device part of the OS and not the software. Either way its easy enough to figure out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.