Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
My therapist says I internalize a lot of my feelings and have passive agressive tendencies. I need to nuture my inner child and feed my personal groth potential.
So I broke his head with a tire iron and went for a ride.

·
Registered
409 Posts
We broke up when I met my future wife. The problen was that supposedly we were dating for quite some time and never kissed or hugged or even did the naughty and I was clueless that I was even in a relationship. I just went to a new years party and met my future wife. When I left after a big confrontation she asked me "What happened to us?" I was floored and didn't know what to say. Boy talking about confusing.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
westin said:
Everyone has an ex (unless you married the first guy or girl you dated).

Just wondering if the breakup happened because they felt you rode too much and neglected them.
Give a break folks. At least something bike related was edited in (bold). :p :D

Ride too much? No. Worked on cars too much? Yeah, that was part of it. When I got the "you just remember that I was here first" line it should have been a warning. :rolleyes: :bluefrown: :eek:ut: :rant: :incazzato: :crazy:

Meh, I at least found out that what they say about "ex sex" is true. Best evar!!!!11!!!! :lol:

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
You guys are harsh! I'll take a thread like this ANY day over the "how often do you wash your shorts" or "crotch rot" variety.

I once wrote a ride report for our local site, including a description of the post-ride euphoria, how even though I was a non-smoker, I could've had a cigarette it was so satisfying.

One of my buddies responded, "No wonder she's single- no guy could satisfy her like THAT." :p

I put biking on the back-burner during my two serious relationships so it was never a factor in the breakups, but I'll never make that mistake again.

·
Sweep the leg!
3,804 Posts
I think it's cycling related

Shortly after meeting my wife (she hates it when I say "my current wife") we agreed to meet for a bike ride. When she showed up with a Campy Record equipped custom road frame made by a friend I knew she was the one.

But to answer your question... it isn't the bike that strains a relationship. it's not providing balance to do one's own thing. I can go for a ride, or go to a race... but i have to let her have her time. it's even more important now that we have a 6 1/2 yr old daughter.

but if the woman ever says "it's the bike or me" before riding away make sure it's not about the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My ex fiancee didn't like it when I went riding. He was a bit jealous, afraid that I would meet someone else or I'd get hurt. I might not be the fastest rider out there, but I'll bet I'm one of the safest...

The bike wasn't a factor in our breakup. It caused tension because it was something that he couldn't take part in (he only had a ...what the hell was it? It wasn't trail worthy, that's for sure!). But he had some control issues. That's why it ended.

The summer after we broke up, I rode every damn day. Bwa ha ha!

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
like most problems...

westin said:
Everyone has an ex (unless you married the first guy or girl you dated).

Just wondering if the breakup happened because they felt you rode too much and neglected them.
Girlfriends are just like most problems: If you ignore them for long enough, they go away. Or kill you.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.