Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man huge respect for Couture. So many played so well, but Couture was such a catalyst and giving a bad ass interview right now! Hertl as well. They must be exhausted but on cloud nine!

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
And then this is history making. 4 goals on a 5 minute major in the 3rd period of game 7 of a playoff series, after being down 3-1 in the series and winning game 6 in double overtime on a short handed goal. You can't make this **** up.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Awesome. I missed the game last night. Saw the 3rd and the 2 ot's periods of game 6.

Watching the links above, in order, noticed it was a 4-4 tie. Thought it must have been an exciting game, until seeing the 2nd video clip where they were down by 3 half way through the third.

Going to be interesting to get the take from of the co-workers who is a huge Sharks fan. I am, but don't follow hockey too much in the few years.

What happened to Vegas -did they get lazy and try to defend their 3 goal lead or did San Jose just come alive all of a sudden?

Any idea of the shot count -a blow out like game 6 or a bit more balanced?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vegas was playing well and intensely. The pivotal moment was a significant injury to Pavelski that was a 5 minute major. The Sharks came out on fire after after the injury / penalty. Also important to know is a 5 minute major DOES NOT clear based upon a goal like say a powerplay due to a 2 minute minor.

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,556 Posts
I find it interesting that Vegas is complaining about the five minute penalty. Had it been them on the receiving end of the hit, they absolutely would have pitched a fit if it hadn't been called. Comparing the call the NO Saints non-call is BS.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I find it interesting that Vegas is complaining about the five minute penalty. Had it been them on the receiving end of the hit, they absolutely would have pitched a fit if it hadn't been called. Comparing the call the NO Saints non-call is BS.
What they should be complaining about is taking a major in the 3rd period of game 7 with a 3-0 lead, then letting in 4 goals in a 5 minute penalty kill! All they had to do was milk the lead for 7 minutes.

And if you are going to take a major, own it Ovechkin style! Complaining is an art unto itself in hockey.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It was crazy.

It's fair to question the penalty (on video review there is nothing that justifies a major, though it's understandable why it was called when Pavelski was lying dazed in a pool of blood), but Vegas gave up four goals on that power play. That's all them. Pretty hard to blame it on the refs.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.